150HPDI power loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 150HPDI power loss

I run twin 2002 150HPDI units which started to missfire at high rpms. I thought this was a filter/fuel problem so changed all three engine filters and changed the transom mounted filter/water separators for RACOR TURBINE 500s with elements of 2 micron filtration. One engine starts and runs with no problems while the other when started stops after a few seconds.If you keep starting the unit it will run for progressively longer times before it stops. This takes about 30min to 1hr before it can be put into gear and move off, then it will rev to 2400-2800rpms and no further with a bad missfire and if pressed, severe surging as if the ignition was being switched on and off. If the unit is switched off and left for a few hours it will start and run at low rpms with no problems; however the missfire and surging are still present. I have tested the fuel pressure in the fuel line between the vapour tank and the high pressure pump and it runs at a constant 50psi at all times which I understand is correct. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks c.u.@.c!
Working...
X