X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange Model Z200TXRB - fuel filter question

According to my warranty...

2002 Model: Z200TXRB

Yet I cannot find this on any parts site - I do see Z200TXRA in 2002 and LZ200TZRB in 2003. Boat was a 2003, thought the motor was a leftover 2002.
    Any ideas?

More important, should I replace the engine fuel filter every year? Manual says to clean/inspect. I assume this is a pretty simple replacement task.

Thanks

Jim

should be just a screen/filter, I dont think i have ever replaced, just empty and clean if dirty. but I WOULD replace the water separators every six months.

Comment

Jim,
      On my C115, I just drop the bowl and carefully remove the wire screen filter cartridge and then look in the bottom of the bowl. If there is any water at the bottom of the fuel, then you might want to add a fuel filter/water separater. I have yet to discover any water in the bottom of mine, but then I keep my rig in the garage (I take better care of it than I do my new truck).
      Also, pour out what fuel is in the bowl onto a cotton rag and look for dirt deposits - this is normal. Wash the screen in a bowl of soapy water - rinse well and let dry thoroughly. Also inspect the screen carefully (I do this with a magnifier)and make sure there are no holes in the screen. If so, then replace screen.
      Good luck,
      Ken K

Comment

Working...
      X