704 Remote Control Friction Lock ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 704 Remote Control Friction Lock ???

Is there a throttle friction lock on the Yam 704 remote control ???

My throttle creeps ----in mid range------usually downward.

itll never creep upward....pull off black cover and at front you will see an aluminum tension screw.

Comment

aluminum slot-head screw on front of control...insert a coin or screwdriver to adjust throttle tension...clock-wise for more...reverse for less...pretty easy! Good luck

Comment

Thanks !!!...and also for speed reply !!!

I found the friction adj screw.

It was pretty loose. I gave it a few turns --in--. Boat is indock.
        I can't tell if I did any good 'till I take it out again.

Seems like there should be a hole in the cover to aid in adjusting the screw.

Do you forsee any problems putting a hole in the cover ???

Comment

if you use it around saltwater just a lil more corrosion.... how bout put a rubber plug when youre done.

Comment

Just a very small screwdriver is required to do this, so maybe drill a 1/4" hole in cover to access the screw then just stick a little piece of duct tape over the hole to keep any salt water out....so easy!....we love duct tape!

Comment

Excellent idea---Thanks !!!

Comment

I see no adjustment screw (704 remote tension adjustment)

I found a diagram online, showing the adjustment screw in the centre of three holes located under the plastic flap on top of the remote control. But in my case the holes are not through holes. Should I drill the centre one out? Is the adjustment screw hiding behind the glass fibre wall?

Comment

If your control box does not have a plug for access to the friction lock screw then simply remove the plastic cover to gain access.

Comment

Once you get the friction set to suit you, probably won't have to adjust in again for a long time...so maybe don't drill holes for salt, water, sand, mud wasps, etc. To enter your remote...there's a lot going on inside there....probably the reason for the plastic cover...

Comment

Working...
                    X