Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no power to tilt and trim and motor won't start

ok let me know what you think.

I can not start my motor no does the tilt and trim switch work. I have power to all accessories and can hand start (pull start) the main motor. Any thoughts? Both batteries have full charge. Could there be a master fuse that is killing everything?

Not sure about a master fuse, check for any other kind of fuse related to the trim switch.

Also, refer to your manual (if you own one) for any other assistance it's a great source of wealth for information.

Comment

You didn't mention what motor you have but check the fuse on the motor.
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by nino7619 View Post

I can not start my motor no does the tilt and trim switch work. I have power to all accessories and can hand start (pull start) the main motor. Any thoughts? Both batteries have full charge. Could there be a master fuse that is killing everything?
        Was there a solution? I have the same problem with a 2002 200 HP Saltwater Series. Fully Charges batteries, no gages, no tilt, no engine turnover and all me accessories work.

Comment

I have same problem with 150 4 stroke. Where is the fuse

Comment

The fuse location is listed in owners manual. They are under a plastic cover on left side of engine on the F150.
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

I have checked all the fuses that I could find. No problem with any of them.
              Any other ideas?
              The boat is a 2006 hurricane 202.

Comment

check all electrical connections that require maximum current like your starter motor and your tilt&trim motor...sounds like the moisture and vibration have created this problem for you. check and clean connections/terminals with a wire brush, add a bit of silicone grease to keep out the moisture....hopefully that'll fix you right up! Good luck...

Comment

Hi, another thing to check , is to make sure that ALL of the grounds, and hot leads are connected to the batteries. It has happened to me that one of them falls from sight, and it gets missed when reconnecting the battery.
                  Dennis

Comment

yamaha has a fuse under motor cowling on port side down by the fuel pumps,it is in a water tight fues holder.also the relay is right there for your tilt and trim,and the start relay,check fuse ,check relay ,make sure your battery switched on, check for corrision on relay,it is start relay and tilt trim relay.Maybe this can help you some!

Comment

Originally posted by earman1 View Post
                      I have checked all the fuses that I could find. No problem with any of them.
                      Any other ideas?
                      The boat is a 2006 hurricane 202.
                      I spent a day taking the engine apart, checking fuses, checked 20 amp engine fuse, was getting voltage to the trim, all fuses were good at front control panel area, everything was intact, etc.

This has got to be an all time first, but I found that a muskrat had entered the rear area of my pontoon boat, chewed on my battery cables and one had completely corroded in half! There were chew marks in at least 8-9 spots on both the positive and negative cables, I was able to cut out about 6" from each cable and I spliced them back together using a couple of copper kerneys I had in my parts box. One place wanted $80 for two, 8' battery cables..... NOT!!!! LOL

Anyway, all is well and the cables were spliced back together and will be fine. I have lived on this small Michigan lake for over 25 years now and never have had anything happen like that. Note to self, start at the (source) battery cables first (which I did clean up the battery posts), examine your battery cables thoroughly, clean up the posts good and go from there. The wiring on these engines is complex and took things apart, looked all connections over and even did a YouTube search to gain insight, but it is hit and miss and it takes wherewithal to find these problems.

Comment

I have a (roughly) 1999 Yamaha 50 HP 2-stroke. I have been told by a dealer that my 20 amp fuse is blown (my depth finder & horn work, my starter & tilt/trim don't). I am a newbie. (i) how do I get the cowling off, and (ii) is the fuse-box on the port side down by the fuel pump (as was stated earlier)?

Comment

There should be a lever at the back of the motor, right below the top cowling, than can be rotated. Then the cover will lift off from the back to the front. The front is held by a hook or two.

1999 50EJRX Yamaha Outboard BOTTOM COWLING Diagram and Parts

The fuse is contained within a fuse holder that is part of a wire harness. See item 9 in the illustration below

1999 50EJRX Yamaha Outboard ELECTRICAL 2 ELECTRIC START Diagram and Parts

Comment

Originally posted by nino7619 View Post

I've got a 2018 yamaha F90 doing same thing. If the tilt/trim dont work can that interrupt starting? Cause I've got new battery and power to all but no tilt and no start. All main fuses on motor are all good. And battery post are tight and clean and even charged overnight and still no power to motor and up by the hand throttle. Some times I hurd the solenoid click but than next time nothing.
                            Last edited by bryfly40; 07-09-2020, 10:03 AM.

Comment

I'm going to replace the tilt trim relay. Will post my results on my F90 yamaha 2018. Yes still under warranty but their a month out. Record boat sales and service. Mn lol

Comment

Working...
                              X