installation and wiring diagrams for the Yamaha digital multifunction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brucefet View Post
    A bit late to reply to the original poster, but I have just had to replace the GY5 multi function digital gauges on my 2001 Yamaha 130HP 2 stroke. The original gauges are hard to get, and very expensive. Second hand gauages invariably have badly sunburnt lenses, so a bad deal. Eventually I broke down and bought a set of the new Yamaha replacements from a dealer. The kit number is 6YR-W0035-T2-00 and comprises speedo, tach, two cables to connect control and engine and clear plastic pipe for the speedo. They look identical to the old gauges, except they have a much better mounting system instead of the metal brackets. However, the tach only has one deutsch square plug, so you also need to buy a short harness from Yamaha to do the conversion.Then the installation is just plug and play, BUT, (and the reason for this post) is to let you know the included instructions omit one vital piece of information! Disconnect the grey loop wire on the short harness (and insulate the open connector with electrical tape)or your over temp warning light will stay on and the warning buzzer sound continuously! With the grey wire loop open, the over temp system works as normal. This took me about 4 hours and many calls to my dealer (who was unhelpful, to say the least) before I was able to sort it out. Btw, the short harness connects directly to the gauge in the instrument binnacle, not in the engine.
    You used a tachometer that was not designed to be used for your model motor. Thus the need for the adapter harness. Here is a photo that graphically shows what you are saying with words:

Comment

Does anyone know or have the “how to install a fuel management” for twin 2003 Yamaha 225hp 4S. Can’t get it to work. Everything seems to be in place. Part number 6Y5-2818R-41.
      Thanks for any help. Trebor
      Last edited by robertgarcia; 04-20-2019, 05:28 PM. Reason: forgot to be the year of twin 225hp

Comment

Trebor, back in Post #34 - on page #3 of this thread -
        is a link to click on,
        that will download a .doc file of the installation/setup instructions for the Fuel Management gauge

Comment

Working...
        X