No announcement yet.

installation and wiring diagrams for the Yamaha digital multifunction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I purchased and installed a 6YR-W0035-E3-00 Tachometer and cable harness kit. I need an operating manual which describes how to program the unit pushing the set and mode buttons. No literature was included with the kit not even an installation guide. I got that figured out but now can't figure out how to calibrate the trim display, etc. I installed this on a Yamaha F115 4-stroke outboard. Why wouldn't they include this with the purchase?

Comment

The operation functions are in the owners manual, go to http://www.yamahapubs.com/html/index.html to view owners manual.
      The trim sender on outboard bracket is adjustable if need to reset trim gauge, loosen screws on sender to adjust.
      Regards
      Boats.net
      Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

yamah 2003 130 hp

How can I obtain a copy of the installation and wiring diagrams for the Yamaha digital multifunction speedometer and the digital multifunction fuel management gauges. i have a 130 horspower 2003 yamaha 2 strokes the help would be very appreciated.

Comment

Here is manual
          6Y5_704 Wiring.pdf
          Yamaha FM Gauge.pdf
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Yamaha outboard digital multi-function speedometer

My boat has a Yamaha outboard digital multi-function speedometer. It displays the speed, distance traveled, battery status, and fuel tank level. I think the part number is #6Y5-2818R-30.
            The fuel tank level indication does not work. The meter conects through a selector switch to 2 fuel tanks and will not indicate on either tank. I would like to replace the level sensors in the tanks but can not find a part number for the sensors.

Do you know where I can get a wiring diagram for the meter and how I can determine the replacement for the sensors?

Comment

Have to purchase fuel tank senders from your local marine store, need to remove senders and measure depth of tank. The wire diagrams are posted on this thread.
              Regards
              Boats.net
              Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Help with gauges

Hello,
                Just purchased a 2004 Txrc 150 two stroke . Looking for instructions on Yamaha gauges?? I would like to know EVERYTHING ABOUT THEM AND HOW TO USE THEM !

Please email TPNJSS@MSN.COM

thanks !

Comment

Speedometer 6Y5-2818R-32 Wiring Diagram

New to the forum and looking for help, Can anyone tell me how I can obtain a copy of the installation and wiring diagrams for the Yamaha digital multifunction speedometer 6Y5-2818R-32? Running a 1994 V6 150hp
                  email - veroappraiser@gmail.com
                  Last edited by Overkill; 04-02-2014, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Start a new thread.

Comment

F90LA Multi Guage

I have a 2013 and would like installation instructions for Tach multi-gauge.
                      How difficult is the installation, I am usually handy at this stuff.
                      Last edited by kristfelt; 04-28-2014, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kristfelt View Post
                        I have a 2013 and would like installation instructions for Tach multi-gauge.
                        How difficult is the installation, I am usually handy at this stuff.
                        Read post #54 and we will help. The one just prior to yours.

Comment

Yamaha gauge

How can I obtain a copy of the installation and wiring diagrams for the Yamaha digital multifunction speedometer? My email is wd.hanna@gmail.com

Comment

is this link any help?

http://www.mbcboats.com/perfbull/Yam...KitInstall.pdf

Comment

A bit late to reply to the original poster, but I have just had to replace the GY5 multi function digital gauges on my 2001 Yamaha 130HP 2 stroke. The original gauges are hard to get, and very expensive. Second hand gauages invariably have badly sunburnt lenses, so a bad deal. Eventually I broke down and bought a set of the new Yamaha replacements from a dealer. The kit number is 6YR-W0035-T2-00 and comprises speedo, tach, two cables to connect control and engine and clear plastic pipe for the speedo. They look identical to the old gauges, except they have a much better mounting system instead of the metal brackets. However, the tach only has one deutsch square plug, so you also need to buy a short harness from Yamaha to do the conversion.Then the installation is just plug and play, BUT, (and the reason for this post) is to let you know the included instructions omit one vital piece of information! Disconnect the grey loop wire on the short harness (and insulate the open connector with electrical tape)or your over temp warning light will stay on and the warning buzzer sound continuously! With the grey wire loop open, the over temp system works as normal. This took me about 4 hours and many calls to my dealer (who was unhelpful, to say the least) before I was able to sort it out. Btw, the short harness connects directly to the gauge in the instrument binnacle, not in the engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Brucefet View Post
                                on my 2001 Yamaha 130HP 2 stroke. Disconnect the grey loop wire on the short harness (and insulate the open connector with electrical tape)or your over temp warning light will stay on and the warning buzzer sound continuously!
                                I know nothing about the "2001 130HP 2 stroke" - nor any carbureted Yamahas.

So I am surprised to learn that the trim/oil harness can cause the warning buzzer to sound.

Comment

Working...
                                X