No announcement yet.

installation and wiring diagrams for the Yamaha digital multifunction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check to see if the grey wire(one on trim harness) is plugged up at engine in lower engine cowling.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Warning Sound

I have just rigged a 2000 0x66 and the warning buzzer goes off every time i turn the key on. The oil indicators on the digital gage flash for about a minute then go solid and the alarm goes off. Should this be happening every time? This is my third Yamaha and none of the others did this. Same controls.

Thanks David.
      DMCCUMBERS@BELLSOUTH.NET

Comment

If the oil level in oil tank on engine is below lower line on tank alarm will activate until oil levels gets above line. If oil tank full then gauge harness is probably not connected correctly.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Yamaha 2000 80HP

I just installed a new gas tank and tried to hook up the sending unit to my 2000 80HP Yamaha 4stroke digital speedometer/clock/fuel gage/bat voltage gage. The fuel gage always was blinking before this, but everything else worked fine on that gauge. I tried hooking the black wire from the sending unit (before I installed it in the tank) to the battery and the red wire to the pink wire on the gauge. I could never get it to stop blinking. After a while I noticed the gauge was blank except for the light. I don't think I shorted anything, but who knows. I guess I would like to see a wiring diagram for the gauge so I can trouble shoot. I may have loosened a wire connection or maybe there is a fuse somewhere. If someone has a wiring diagram for this vintage of a digital gauge I would appreciate it. Thanks DaveG.

Comment

The fuel tank sender wire connects to white wire on speedo.
            DigitalWiring 704Single.JPG
            Regards
            Boats.net
            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Yamaha 2000 80HP

Thanks so much for the print. My problem now is what I thought was a pink wire when I tested the sending unit was really the RED hot wire. I now have no voltage on it, so I either smoked the wire somewhere or hopefully more likely there is a fuse buried somewhere for this circuit. I don't really see any on the print, but maybe its in the control or back in the engine ? If you have any tips on where I should look for a fuse I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.. Dave G.

Comment

Fuel display works in reverse

I am trying to help a friend fix his fuel display (6Y5-83570-S5-00) which works in reverse. Eg. Shows full when empty etc. He doesnt have any documentation/wiring on the display. Some for sale sites for the display mention "Switch located on the back of the gauge simplifies fuel sender hook-up." What does this switch do? How should it be set? He also has a digital tacho unit also. A schematic would be helpful. Any thoughts welcomed.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveG View Post
                  Thanks so much for the print. My problem now is what I thought was a pink wire when I tested the sending unit was really the RED hot wire. I now have no voltage on it, so I either smoked the wire somewhere or hopefully more likely there is a fuse buried somewhere for this circuit. I don't really see any on the print, but maybe its in the control or back in the engine ? If you have any tips on where I should look for a fuse I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.. Dave G.
                  Not sure which red wire you used, but if coonected to the gauge may have damaged the gauge. If it was the red wire in Yamaha gauge harness going to key switch then there is a inline fuse in middle harness for red and yellow wire.
                  Regards
                  Boats.net
                  Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by wendera View Post
                    I am trying to help a friend fix his fuel display (6Y5-83570-S5-00) which works in reverse. Eg. Shows full when empty etc. He doesnt have any documentation/wiring on the display. Some for sale sites for the display mention "Switch located on the back of the gauge simplifies fuel sender hook-up." What does this switch do? How should it be set? He also has a digital tacho unit also. A schematic would be helpful. Any thoughts welcomed.
                    Need to check that fuel tank sender leads are connected correctly.
                    DigitalWiring 704Single.JPG
                    Tach-speedo settings.JPG
                    Regards
                    Boats.net
                    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Originally posted by boats.net View Post
                      Need to check that fuel tank sender leads are connected correctly.
                      [ATTACH]293[/ATTACH]
                      [ATTACH]292[/ATTACH]
                      Thanks for the information. A change in dipswitch setting looks to have fixed the problem.
                      The boat has twin 60hp Yamahas and the speedo/fuel gauge only works from one motor. Is there a wiring diagram that shows how to connect up both motors to a single digital speedo/fuel gauge? At present, there are no isolation switches installed on the start batteries. Is there a schematic that shows a preferred power connection for two motors each with their own start batteries and isolation switches?

Thanks again
                      Paul

Comment

No the speedo should only be connected to one ignition switch.
                        Regards
                        Boats.net
                        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks.

Is there a schematic for the power connections to the motors?

Paul

Comment

Here is twin engine diagram.
                            TwinDigitalWiring.JPG
                            Regards
                            Boats.net
                            Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Thanks again.

Comment

Is it possible that someone could show me the schematics on how to connect a the digital multi-function (6yr-w0035-e2-00) guage to the 2004 Yamaha 25 hp 4stroke....am having difficult time, bought the harness today, and connection to meter is fine, but dont know how to connect on motor end.Thanks, any help is greatly appreciated as I am about to pull my hair out on this one....***!
                                Thanks again,
                                JerryLee
                                kuntrykandles1@aim.com

Comment

Working...
                                X