multifunction guage wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• multifunction guage wiring

I have a multifunction digital tachometer (PN 6Y5-2818R-32) that I am installing on a 2004 yamaha 60HP (F60TLRC) outboard which is connected by a Yamaha control box (#703). I need to know what wires need to be connected to properly install the multigunction digital tachometer.

Wiring is per below:

Control box (Yamaha #703)
    harness 1 (green, yellow, black, red wires)
    GREEN wire appears to go back through the harness to the motor and connects to the regulator and lighting coil.

YELLOW wire goes to the overheat warning buzzer and to the main switch and connects to the motor's "prime start".

BLACK wire goes to the emergency stop switch, to the main switch and through the harness to the motor's ground.

RED wire goes to the main switch, power trim and tilt switch and through the harness to the motor to the +12V.

Harness 2 and 3 at the control box (green, blue, red wires)

GREEN and RED wires same as above.

BLUE wire goes to the main switch.

Digital tach multimeter (PN 6Y5-2818R-32)

The wiring on the multimeter is as follows:

3 sets of wires

SET 1 (BLUE,GREEN, BLACK, YELLOW)

SET 2 (PINK, ORANGE,GRAY, BLACK WITH WHITE TRACER)

SET 3 (PINK, GRAY, GREEN WITH WHITE TRACER, GREEN WITH A RED TRACER)

I also need to know what the dip switch settings should be on the Digital tach multimeter and the basic function of the set and mode switches on the bezel.

SW 1 = Trim sensor type (2 or 3 lead)
    SW 2 = Generator type (6 pole or 12 pole)
    SW 3 = Engine type (4 stroke)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Paul

You need to get the wire harness's for the installation 6Y5-83553-M0-00 gauge harness connects the Yellow, Green and Black wire to the yellow,green,black leads (red wire is for speedometer) on 703 control box. The red,blue,green wires are for external power trim/tilt switch. 68F-82553-70-00 oil/tilt harness connects the gauge to the engine for oil/overheat light and trim gauge. Set the switch's to Four stroke, 12 pole and 2 wire trim sender.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Digital Tachometer backlight

Have 1997 F-150 setting on 1997 Century 2290 CC,All gauges are Yahama round digital and trying to set the backlight all to the same level of brightness.Can`t find the manual to set them. Have the tach # 6y5-2828-32

Comment

6Y5 gauges don't have the brightness option, can't adjust.
        Regards
        Boats.net
        Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
        X