sunk hpdi 200 yamaha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sunk hpdi 200 yamaha

I am looking to buy a boat with a yamaha hpdi that was reportably sunk. Supposably the motor was never pickled however it turns freely but is not hooked up. Does anyone have any info or advise on how to minimize my risk on this boat. I wont have the opportunity to run the engine before buying the boat. The motor is a 2002

Is it mounted somewhere? Hook a gas line and battery and cooling water hookup to it and crank it up. I wouldn't give 'em a dime till I ran the motor. If you can find someone with a Yamaha Diagnostic kit to plug into it that would be even better. If you get it running be advised that cylinders 2 & 3 are dead in neutral but come alive soon as you pop it in gear.

Mike ........ Miami, FL

Comment

The thing that you have to be looking at the most is electrics. After a new engine goes under seawater the electrics age about 10 years in a couple of hours (I'v got exrerience) so if the engine turns freely have an expert on electrics to look at it especialy the starter motor because that is the only thing that will imobilise you. Good luck

Comment

Working...
      X