Syncing 4 stroke Carb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Syncing 4 stroke Carb

Anybody come up with a gauge system to help sync the carbs vacuum pressure. I just did a rebuild and have am running much better but at idle it is running rough. I'm pretty sure with adjustment of idle screws 1-3 to match 4 like the manual says it will smooth out.

Any thoughts besides taking it to a tech. Vacuum gauge with quick disconnects...

I don't think they have a special vacuum port on those carbs right? You'll probably have to use the type vacuum gauge that fits over the throat of the carb in that case. JC Whitney has them for about $29 : http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/C...searchbtn.y=11 . You can get the plug in type if there's a vacuum port on each carb, but I've only seen motorcycles with those.

Mike ...... Miami, FL

Comment

Yeah these have a vacuum port on the intake manifold. There's a machine screw that plugs it just prior to entering the engine block.

Todd, Melbourne

Comment

Then yes you can pick up one of those from JC Whitney and do it yourself, its not hard.

Mike

Comment

ON the port side there are 4 10mil bolts with copper colored washers under them. They are located near the back of the engine.

The carbs are sync'd from the holes under the bolts.

TMD

Comment

Working...
          X