F225 GAUGE PACKAGE WIRING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F225 GAUGE PACKAGE WIRING

I hope you someone can help us I have been to a couple discussion forums and no one has yet,including our dealer. We have an 2004 f225 and now bought the gauges for it. we are in the Bahamas our dealer in the states and this engine is not going there. The gauge package is supposed to be plug and play but the wiring per the supplied drawing does not exist (many people have looked)the dealer says just plug it in but no wires or plugs match the drawing and I'm not going to risk the gauges. if anyone knows exactly where and what color wires to use please help us.even if you have this motor and pop the top to look. there are two 4 place plugs on the harness comming from the gauges to the motor.its the motor end I need help with. thank you.

Hey Glen,

If you're using a post-'94 wiring harness the gauges should just be plug-n-play, they're standard Yamaha color coded so it's easy to match up. If for some reason you are repowering an older boat (pre-'93) you would need to find a newer version wiring harness. Black is the ground wire, Blue is backlighting for the gauges. Yellow is 12v powered when the ignition is ON. Red is always Hot whenever a battery is connected. But if you have a new 4-stroke harness it really is a plug-n-play installation.

Mike....... Miami, FL

Comment

MIKE; we have a new motor (2004) new harness new gauges the complete works, but the only problem is the gauge harness has two 4 place plugs with many colors(I don't remember off hand the colors)but the only plugs on the motor that will match the plug in have all pink in one and I believe 3 black in the other. this seems wrong several very talented (but not boat electricans)
      have tried to match them up and all failed. we don't have any of these motors around here to even look at. do you or any one you know own one you can look at so I can learn exactly what is wrong here? the drawing shows the colors are to continue on through the plugs.

Comment

Working...
      X