Two Battery Hookup on a 200 OX66

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Battery Hookup on a 200 OX66

Has any one tryed to hook up the second red wire from the motor fuse box (capped at the factory) to a second battery. I have read the owners manual it shows that you can charge two seperate batteries at the same time while the motor is running.

You didn't give the model number for your engine, but most 200 OX66 engine's have a built in battery isolator and buy a lead wire ( 68F-81949-00-00 check this part number for your model before ordering) to connect to second battery and connect a ground wire between the neg. post on battery's.

Comment

I have a 93 250 that has 2 different size positive cables. One is for the main battery and one charges a reverve battery. Does it make a difference which is which?

Comment

Thanks for the reply, I have a 2002 200hp OX66 outboard. I have found the second wire (red) with a connector that has been blanked off. I will check into the part number you have suggested. I have both batteries tied together with a battery switch and both grounds are connected together. This will help solve the problem of charging the second battery. I have checked the wire while the motor is runing and I am seeing about 13.5 to 14 volts dc.

Comment

Working...
        X