'99 150 Temp control problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '99 150 Temp control problem

So far have changed out the water pump and the thermostats. Left engine (looking to stern) still shuts down to emergency rpm's after running some minutes at 4500. Once while testing the problem jumped to the right motor. What's the next steps?

Is it actually running hot or is it a sensor problem? Do you have a factory shop service manual for your motor? If not go to www.YamahaPubs.com and order one for your model. It could be just a sensor problem.

Mike ...... Miami, FL

Comment

My mechanic is stumped. He’s reduced to calling Yamaha Tech Support. A pyrometer check shows the head on the left engine is running hot. He says that the sensors are working the way they should be. The heads are about to come off for an internal cleaning. I’m getting prepared for when he tells me that after all his work the engine is still misbehaving.

Comment

is this running in water or on muffs as yamahas are in need of plenty of water flow ???

Comment

I am not an engineer in the slightest so forgive the simple speak - My engine was overheating, all the engineer could find wrong, was a mishapen seal interupting the exit flow of water from the thermostat housing. Since correcting this it's been behaving. So I guess even a small change in the water flow will affect the temperature. Hope this helps in some way, Tone.

Comment

Working...
          X