2003 YAMAHA 115 PORT ENGINE LOOSING POWER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 YAMAHA 115 PORT ENGINE LOOSING POWER

LOOSING RPM'S ON PORT ENGINE. USUALLY IN ROUGH SEAS OR AFTER RUNNING FOR AWHILE, THEN SLOW DOWN, THEN ATTEMPT TO ACCELERATE. ENGINE SKIPS AND WILL NOT ACCELERATE.

2 stroke or 4 stroke motors?
    Checked the fuel filters?

Comment

4 STROKE.....YES WE CHANGED FUEL FILTERS. SEEMS LIKE IT COULD BE ELECTRICAL. ACTS UP WHEN I HIT A BIG WAVE AND THERE IS A JAR TO THE BOAT. STARTS SKIPPING AND DROPS RPM, AS IF IT WERE OVERHEATING. WONDER IF OVERHEATING SWITCH(OR WHATEVER) IS MALFUNCTIONING?

Comment

from the short of it,sounds like fuel delivery to me,tho im not well versed in the 4 strokes. check from tank pickup ,for clogged screens,all lines,fittings for air leaks,fuel/water separator all the way to the motor.is the fuel old,and how do the plugs look? sounds like you should still be in warranty....

also....i see here hardly anyone posts after their problem is fixed.....to let anyone with similiar issues,read rather than ask,first....so ...post your fix !!!!

Comment

I am having similar problem with port Yamaha 150 Saltwater Series. I think it might be the level sensor on the engine mounted oil reservoir not calling for oil pump to refill tank. Only seems to occur in heavy seas. Oil tank gets low and ignition coil damper mounted on tank won't let me accelerate above 3000 rpm. As soon as I get bow down oil tank refills and everything OK. Any Help?

Comment

I am having similar problem with port Yamaha 150 Saltwater Series. I think it might be the level sensor on the engine mounted oil reservoir not calling for oil pump to refill tank. Only seems to occur in heavy seas. Oil tank gets low and ignition coil damper mounted on tank won't let me accelerate above 3000 rpm. As soon as I get bow down oil tank refills and everything OK. Any Help?

Comment

Did you get the problem fixed? I am having a similar problem with an '01 150 HPDI. When engine is hot, on acceleration skips,stumbles and will not come up to speed. If I gradually apply power and can nurse it through,it usually clears in about 30 seconds. No faults found in computer. Problem getting worse with time

Comment

NO,NOT FIXED YET. GUESS WE'LL TRY AGIAN IN THE SPRING.

Comment

Working...
                X