2000 HPDI, 200HP Trim Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 HPDI, 200HP Trim Indicator

Tilt/trim relay died late last winter- motor would only trim down. Replaced relay block this spring which corrected problem, however, trim indicator remains in down position on guage. Have looked for switch/sending unit under motor, but have been unable to locate. Does anyone have any experience with this issue? Thanks greatly!

You should still find the trim sensor mounted on the side there by the hinge point on the under side of the powerhead. On the HPDI you'll find an adjusting cam under the steering arm to the left, viewed from the front. Spray some penetrating oil on it and work it up and down to free it up. Then spray it with a good lubricant, not WD-40. If you post your email I can send you the .pdf version of the factory service manual that will give you more info.

http://www.forumpictureprocessor.com...20Sensor_1.jpg

Mike ...... Miami, FL

Comment

Mike: Thanks for the quick response. I had look in and around the mounting bracket for a sending unit but never found it. A diagram or picture would aid me greatly. You can e-mail to "blisserts@comcast.net". Thanks again for your help!

Comment

mounted to the tilt tube,circular black plastic mount with wires runnin to it,again from port side. tilt motor up and its easier to see and work loose.

Comment

mounted to the tilt tube,circular black plastic mount with wires runnin to it,again from port side. tilt motor up and its easier to see and work loose.

Comment

Working...
          X