engine cutting out briefly when accelerating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine cutting out briefly when accelerating

I have a 250 hp saltwater series (2000) on my Pursuit and recently it has started to cut out for a few seconds when I am accelerating.(usually at high speeds) It also happens when I go over waves. I had the fuel filter changed and it is still doing it. I am taking it to a yamaha dealer later this week and am wondering if anyone else has had this problem that can give me some advice.

try...plugs,o2 sensor,fuel separator,it can be many things...has the motor sat for awhile?

Comment

Please let me know how it's going with your engine.

My motor occassionally hesitates too when going over a wave. I lose RPM's very briefly. Other than that, she runs well.

My engine is a 250hp '98 Ox66 EFI.

Comment

We ended up pulling our boat and taking it to a Yamaha dealer. They cleaned out the gas filter and pump on the boat. They say this is a chronic problem with the new gas with ethanol in it. Apparently it sturs up all the gunk on the bottom of the tank and then sends it through your engine. Our engine is running much better after $700 cleaning job but still has a little hickup when first accelerating.

Comment

Working...
        X