2001 yamaha 250 efi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 yamaha 250 efi

This engine is new to me and I had it out one time and I got problems .The dealer couldn't get it running and I put it in storage. The engine has a new power head and lots of other new parts but.....The engine does start but very eratic and smokes like heck and stalls .The one time that I had it in the water after all the smoking and coughing it settled down quietly no smoking run like a 5hp engine ,but stalled less than a minute.I heard the mechanic say that all plugs fired but at different times,he also said he had 32lbs fuel pressure,all plugs wet.It's suppose to have a new 02 sensor and new low pressure fuel pumps.It seems to me like it's out of timing but why? no warning horn sounded and premix in the big tank.Thank you

It opens a bag of worms. It could be as simple as the Crank Position Sensor, or if someone plugged the coils into the wrong leads when they reassembled it the coils would be firing at the wrong time. Do you have a factory service manual for the motor? If not, you can go to www.YamahaPubs.com and order one, that would be my first step. If someone replaced the fuelpumps on a '01 motor they were just fishing around for problems and had no idea what to replace. Get the service manual and go through it, you'll probably find a simple cure.

Mike........... Miami, FL

Comment

Working...
    X