Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yamaha Diagnostic Software - Where can i order it ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The data cable 60V-WS850-00-00 USB

Hey
    Happy Holidays

I found the software but I cant find the cable. Any help..

Comment

I was told That the cable has been discontinued by Yamaha. Boats dot Net put me on hold and said they contacted Yamaha and was told the part # 60V-WS850-00-00 has been discontinued and SIM Yamaha has told me its on back order. I have orderd cable over 7 months ago. Good Luck.

Comment

I am also looking for the cable, but if it has been truly discontinued, a friend's firm may be able to make the cables for us if we can get some specs on the cable itself. They make cables for missiles and other crazy stuff, so they could probably do this. Anybody have specs or detailed pictures they can get to me?

Thanks,
        Jeff

Comment

please view this link

http://www.yamahaoutboardparts.com/f...light=software

Comment

Link Disabled, Thread modified ?

That link no longer works, and the thread itself which used to have at least 45 or 50 entries has been truncated....anyone know how to access the previous information regarding building one of these cables which Yamaha no longer provides ?

Feel free to PM me if "Big Brother" is watching...

Comment

The cable is a simple VAG COM OBDII (16 pins) cable (ISO9141 and KWP2000 transmission protocol) for max $10 on Ebay.
              Pin 4 = GND
              Pin 16 = 12V
              Pin 7 = DATA

Comment

Thanks, that's a step in the right direction....what did you use to interface between that cable and the engine module, I think my engine module is a 3 pin output.

Comment

Found this cable on ebay, a bit more expensive but this one is the one previously linked on this thread before someone "disappeared" it.

V-600 Diagnostic Cable **New**

Product Name: USB KKL VAG-COM for 409.1 (Blue cable)

Part No.: V-600

Net Weight: 0.15KG/6oz

This diagnostic cable is usable for ISO9141 and KWP2000 transmission protocol like used for example by:

Comment

Originally posted by ValPd1vr View Post
                    Found this cable on ebay, a bit more expensive but this one is the one previously linked on this thread before someone "disappeared" it.

V-600 Diagnostic Cable **New**

Product Name: USB KKL VAG-COM for 409.1 (Blue cable)

Part No.: V-600

Net Weight: 0.15KG/6oz

This diagnostic cable is usable for ISO9141 and KWP2000 transmission protocol like used for example by:
                    Perfect, $10 is in China or Hong Kong.
                    Simply connect OBDII cable with 3 wires to 3 pins (male) engine connector

Viewing engine plug:

[] GND(to 4)

TX(to 7)[] [] 12V(to 16)

When you switch on engine, cable led must light on, if not, invert TX and 12V.

Comment

Has anyone tryed this yet with YDS.

Comment

Does anyone have this software and would be willing to share or sell? I would like to experiment with it and the discussed cable.

Comment

anyone get the vag com cable to work.

Comment

you also need a usb adapter so as to talk to computer

Comment

I did what loyoki said with the VAG-COM cable gnd-4 tx-t 12v-16 and I get and error massage, it seems that the cable is not communicating with YDS and as for usb adapter what kind should I get, am I missing some thing else

Comment

make sure you have the pin numbers correct, seems like I got the error message when I thought pin number 1 was pin number 16, I flipped the connector and it worked perfectly...o yea I almost forgot you have to change the USB port number to 1..I forget exactly how I did that..but you should be able to figure it out, go into your computer settings somewhere. If the cable is a USB you do not need any type of adapter..you must have the ISO 9141 cable, when you connect it properly mine has a green LED light that lights up. use windows XP OS.
                                Last edited by Sparkieboat; 09-16-2011, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X