92 YAMAHA P150TLRQ COILS GOING BAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 92 YAMAHA P150TLRQ COILS GOING BAD

MY 92 150 STARTED MISSING REPLACED ONE COIL THEN ANOTHER COIL WENT OUT ONE BY ONE COILS WENT OUT REPLACED ALL 6 MISSING GONE BUT NOW MOTOR WILL ONLY TURN 4800RPM TO 4900RPM THIS COMES AND GOES RUNS GOOD IN THE MORNING THEN IT STARTS ACTING UP THIS MOTOR IS ON A 20XD BULLET AND WILL TURN 5400RPM.THANK YOU.

We rarely have a coil go bad and i never had all six fail. But it sounds like you still are not running on all cylinders. You need to have the entire ign system tested and fuel system and dont forget the fuel pumps, with that much ign. problems it is possible to have one backfire and blow out fuel pump diaphrams

Comment

with a intermediate problem how do you ck. the ignition system.when the coils failed they had a weak spark & a noticeable miss.now no miss but no rpm.this a intermediate problem.bad cdi?thanks.

Comment

Hey John if you don't have one already go to www.YamahaPubs.com and order the factory service manual for your motor, it will have the proper test procedures for you to troubleshoot your ignition system. Did you check the sparkplug wires and boots? Corrosion can build up in the ends of the wires and kill the spark and you might think its a bad coil. Its far more common for the wires to have some spark killing corrosion on them than a coil fail. Do you have a digital multimeter? You can test the coils and wires with the ohmmeter function of the multimeter, the shop manual will have the procedures and specs for you to look for. Anyway, get yourself the factory shop manuals from Yamaha, it'll pay for itself the first time you use it. Good luck ......... Mike

Comment

i will get a manual & see what a find.thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
          X