oil injection block off plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil injection block off plate

I HAVE A 1987 YAMAHA 30 SH. I WANT TO ELIMINATE THE OIL INJECTION, IS THERE A BLOCK OFF PLATE FOR THE PUMP HOLE. IS THERE ANY REASON THAT A SHAFT MUST BE IN THIS HOLE.ANY INFO ANYONE HAS WOULD BE GREATLY WELCOMED THANKS.

im just curious why you want to remove a full proof system and start fouling plugs.
    Michael Babuchna

Comment

I recently removed the oil injection system on my 1987 90ETLH and have a couple questions. I currently have the oil pump installed with the drive shaft removed and all ports plugged, is there a blanking plate kit available? Also do I need to splice the oil tank level switch wiring through so the engine will run properly so the engine control system thinks the oil tank is full?

Thank!

Comment

Gear should be removed. I would get a block off plate from the commercial 85hp non-oil injected. As far as the oil level switch I put a zip tie on it to fool it into thinking level is full. Then just lay it under the cover....works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by BQUICK View Post
          Gear should be removed. I would get a block off plate from the commercial 85hp non-oil injected. As far as the oil level switch I put a zip tie on it to fool it into thinking level is full. Then just lay it under the cover....works for me.
          Is there another way to fool the CID into thinking the oil tank is full? The tank & sensor are gone off of my 97 40hp so nothing to zip tie.

Comment

Working...
          X