Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plugs fouling *****ing (200hp 2stroke) OIL??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plugs fouling *****ing (200hp 2stroke) OIL??

Running a 2004 200hp 2 stroke with fuel and oil injection. Tried two trips in a row to ***** for Salmon and wound up with 2 out of the 6 plugs completly carboned up to the point of direcr short. Couldn't get on a plane to come back in. Using Yamaha oil. Is it an iol problem? Is there an oil out there that won't foul the plugs like this?
    Thanks

have you had the 20 hr service yet? the oil setting from factory is set to run extra oil so as to ensure a good break-in....

the oil pump should be set to bottom out on on the stopset pin at neutral position.

but even with the extra oil....as mine was set rich,and only readjusted recently....i never fouled plugs,you might have another issue going on there and Im no tech. good luck

Comment

Was it #2 and #5 plugs that were fouled?

Comment

not sure what plugs it was but it was different ones each time. Will check the oil flow with throttle in neutral.

Any oils better than others for not fouling?
        How about fuel additives? Any of them help?

Comment

i prefer only yamalube,to save a few bucks here n there ill burn others,but always feel safer with yamaha.
          the techs swear by the yamaha ring free and theres some other posts about another product from napa, bit i would only trust yamaha products in a yamaha motor. i dont have the extra rebuild cash to try out foreign products. in neutral,the spring loaded pump control should bottom out on the set pin on the oil pump,if not take off the control linkage and adjust it to.

Comment

I am also trying to work through problems with my 200VMax, its a 99 though. I have heard that they are bad about fouling plugs at low rpm. You may want to consider going to a hotter plug. That's what my mechanic recommended. One "down in number" is supposed to be the next hottest plug. Hope this helps.

Steve W

Comment

Working...
            X