Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• low oil warning and Engine shut down in heavier waves

I have a 2004 HPDI Vmax 200 HP.

It has now about 50 hours. The first time I was driving the Boat (a ZAR65) not to hard.

Last Week we had stronger seeconditions (in the Ardiatic Sea in Croatia).

Suddenly when I jumped ofer a bigger wave, the Engine shut down for a second and after it it run normal. This happend then also the following days when I hit some little bigger waves.

During this situation the low-oil warning signal is coming up for a second or two and the Engine sings is also coming up for a second.

Since I did not had this Problem the first 50 hours, I am not sure if it is normal. Now I am driving more slow because it's not funny when You go with 35 - 40 mph and then the enging is making a total break.

Could it be a problem of the sensor when the boat bumps in the water so that maybe the oil of the inner oil tank is coming up. Can it be a electrical contakt problem? Or is it just a kind of protection when the boat gets hit by a wave.

Since I have no experience I would be pleased for any answer. The mechanic's here don't have any know how in new Yamaha HPDI Engines.

Ralph

PS: Tanks to Mike who gave me last time a goog Propeller Tip!

Hi, I have a 25 hp Yam,The problem I encountered with oil warning buzzer was down to a fault in the control cable from engine to ignition switch,Cured by replacement while still under warrenty.

Comment

Working...
    X