Use of flushing device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use of flushing device

I have never really used the flushing device on my 2001 F40 as I have always hauled the boat out onto the trailer right after using it and flushed the engine with it running using the "ear muffs" on a hose. The salesman told me when I purchased the engine that he felt this method did a better job of flushing. I asked my dealer and was told that you can start the engine out of water and run it at idle speed if you are running water through the flushing device but have never tried that.

Recently, I have been considering putting the boat in and leaving it in the water overnight. If I did so, I would still want to flush the motor when I returned to the dock for the evening. Is the best way to do this to turn off the engine and connect a hose to the flush device and run it for a few minutes, then cut the water off, and lastly tilt the motor enough to get the lower unit out of the water? I wondered if it was OK to tilt the motor while the water was still running through the flushing device or if this would cause a problem?

It's ok to flush the motor in the up position while it is in the water, if your concerned try salt away to better clean the inside, but fresh water will be fine.

Comment

Working...
    X