Twin trim/tilt issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twin trim/tilt issue

I have twin 2000 200 hp`s. I have an issue with the port motor trim switch,on motor and port on double 704 binnacle,whereas the switch moves both motors down. Down power seems to be bleeding over to the other motor. The single thumb switch controls fine,its just the port switches and only bleeds over going down. 2 yamaha techs have looked at it and the best suggestion they have is to replace the double 704 binnacle. Has anyone had this issue or have a solution ??

Thanks in advance.

JB

It sounds like the wiring at control box is crossed up the green wire from both engines has to be connected togather or the switch on handle is shorted out, try disconnecting the switch on handle and see if works ok

Comment

with the thumb switch disconnected,all 3 wires, it still has the same issue.the double binnacle harness has not been "broken into" so i still cant figure it.there is a relay in each side of the 704,i assume one up 1 down.....could one of these be the culprit?

I can live with this problem but would rather not....2 yamaha techs couldnt diagnose it...

Comment

also....there are 2 diodes? inline between the dual 704`s and it was suggested that these could be the culprits.... any truth to this???

Comment

well i cured it....i had to add a third diode in the dual harness.aok

Comment

Working...
          X