Trim indicator on Multifunction Tach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trim indicator on Multifunction Tach

I just replaced the Multifunction Tach for my 1999 90hp Yamaha. The screen went out on the old one. The new one looked slightly different. It has a set and mode button, but all the wires matched up fine. The only problem right now is with the Trim indicator. When the motor is trimmed all the way down it shows as being 3/4 trim.
    Is there something I can adjust?

Thanks,

Will

Tilt the motor all the way up and look underneath near the pivot point on the left side for the tilt sending unit and see that the arm moves up and down freely. If not spray it with some WD40 and clean it out. There's also a little adjustability in the mounting screws you may want to try, but that's about it. Yes the new tach gauges have an hour meter built in too. Good luck.

Mike ....... Miami, FL

Comment

if you still have the green card that came with the tach it will show the settings for a 2 wire sender or a 3 wire sender and how to adjust the switches in the back of the tach.

Comment

I have tilted the motor all the way up. The arm moves freely and if push it down with my hand the gauge reads properly. That's why I was wondering if there is an adjustment to be made. I did see two screws but they only looked like they were there to hold it in place.

Comment

Working...
        X