Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 Yamaha f225 high idle

Hello guys, Happy Holidays to everyone!

I have a 2004 yamaha f225 and am having high idle issues. I bought the motor used a few months back with 700 hours on it and since, have changed the thermostats, popped valve, etc...

Well when I start the engine it idled up to around 1500 rims everytime and would slam into gear hard when coming out of idle.

I changed the idle air control valve a few weeks back and it helped a little. Now it stays at 800-900 but still isn't smooth like it should be when going into gear. I'm worried I am going to ruin my lower unit.

After researching a little on the issue, I know there was a safety recall. I have the paint marks in both sides of the silencer but do not know what Im looking for as far as the "dimple" I've read about showing the other throttle recall.

Any help would be awesome!!

What is the complete engine ID?

Have the recalls been done? If not, why not?

Now even if the recalls have been done, there could be binding or the linkages needing to be lubricated. Do the throttle valves close when the throttle handle is fully retarded?

High idle could also be caused by a sensor that is not telling the ECU what the ECU needs to hear. In which case the idle RPM will default to ~ 900.

Comment

Just called yamaha and the recalls were performed.

I'm not very mechanically inclined but don't have a lot of money right now to bring it to a shop.

Could you explain to me how to test to make sure they are closed and what sensor may need replacement?

Comment

any sensor failure,out of range or left unplugged after service will cause a high idle.
        typically someone failed to reconnect the intake air temp.
        it should not cost much to get a YDS printout while running at idle.

Comment

Working...
        X