Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F90TLR losing oil psi at idle.

This is a 61P L 1020174, can anyone tell me if there's a
    service bulletin for this engine for the oil pump?

Quess not.

Comment

I don't recall of ever having heard of a bulletin being issued for an oil pressure problem.

Comment

I am curious as to exactly what "losing oil psi at idle" means...

Comment

Originally posted by fairdeal View Post
          I am curious as to exactly what "losing oil psi at idle" means...
          could be the oil pressure goes away completely which would be very bad,or just drops some

Comment

Now that I think about it, some guidance was issued by Yamaha US with respect to not running this model if and when the lower unit was removed. Reason being is that the drive shaft turns the oil pump. No drive shaft, no oil pump oil pressure.

Comment

Mercury - yamaha had a recall back in 2004 2005 on the oil pump, i had
              replaced a few under warranty. I have this f90 that alarms at idle. I hooked
              a mech psi gauge up to it and it pumps around 10psi at idle. had alot of over heat codes, im changing out the plastic pick up tube.

Comment

There are no open recalls or technical bulletins related to 61PL 1020174.

45.5 psi is the oil pressure reference when the motor is idling at 850 RPM. With an engine temperature of 149* F using 10W-30 weight motor oil.

The same oil pump part number used on your motor is the same oil pump being sold today as a spare part.

Comment

Thank you boscoe

Comment

It's a customers, it has been over heated a few times.
                    I'm sure the pick up tube is warped and sucking air.

Comment

Working...
                    X