15 MSH 2 Stroke Overheating Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15 MSH 2 Stroke Overheating Question

How can I tell if my 15 hp 2 stroke is overheating? I don't see in the manual where there's an alarm. I know that if the engine stops peeing that I've got a pump problem. More concerned if I get a blocked passage or bad stat.

Thanks,
    Bob

The motor may start to labor. Happened to my Mercury two stroke 25 HP with no warning system whatsoever. Heard the motor change sound and looked back at the motor. No water coming from the tell tale. Shut it down for about 30 minutes and cleared the water intakes of debris. No harm no foul in my situation.

Comment

Simply make it a habit of looking back at the pisser...I am assuming it is a tiller handle model, so you would be sitting right next to it.
      Many a outboard motors have been seized up from not paying attention to the telltale.

Comment

Originally posted by panasonic View Post
        Simply make it a habit of looking back at the pisser...I am assuming it is a tiller handle model, so you would be sitting right next to it.
        Many a outboard motors have been seized up from not paying attention to the telltale.
        And that is why it would be nice if you can plug a tube into the peehole and bring that forward attached to the gunwhale. Easy to do, on a tinny but might be more involved if one hides the tube and drill out the side and fit a suitable gland that sprays out a bit.

Comment

I was thinking most Yamaha's will drop down into RPM reduction mode(2K RPM max) if overheat or low oil happens, but maybe some of the old little tiller ones may not have that

Comment

Working...
          X