Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tilt Motor (Trim Motor) Yamaha 200BETO - 6G6 L 405513

Dear all,

I am desperately looking for a trim motor for my very old Yamaha 200BETO - 6G6 L 405513.

As per my research it seems that the engine is from 1983 and so I can't found anything as spare parts online.
    This website is my last chance.

Please help me.

Kind Regards,

Stephane.

Your motor is circa 1992. Equivalent to a Yamaha 200TLRQ offered here in the USA.

Trim motor from a Yamaha dealer can be seen here

6G5-43880-02-00 YAMAHA MOTOR ASSY

Aftermarket trim motor can be seen here

https://www.dbelectrical.com/product...-43880-02.html

Or just Google part number 6G5-43880-02-00.

You are welcome.

Comment

Hi Boscoe99,

many thanks for your quick answer! Really appreciated!!!

I have bought one like this and a mecano try to mount it today but he told that this is not the good model.

Are you sur it is the good reference (6G5-43880-02-00)?

Regards,

Stephane.

Comment

At my age in life I am not sure of anything anymore. All that I thought I knew, I have to learn again. The more that I know, the less I understand.

Anyway, I am making a semi-edumacated guess as to your motor. From a distance.

I got Yamaha data that indicates a 200BETO with your serial number is a 1992 model year motor. I got Yamaha data that indicates a 200BETO with a serial number range of 0705336 ~ 0705816 is the same as a Yamaha US model 200TLRS.

Your serial number 405513 is well ahead of the starting range for a 1994 model so it seems reasonable that your motor is a 1992 model year motor.

I got Yamaha data that indicates a 200B model and a 200TLRS model use part number 6G5-43880-02-00 trim motor. See illustrations below.

I report. You decide what to buy. My advice is worth every penny you will have paid for it.

Comment

Again, MANY thanks to you. This was very helpful.

I wish you a nice week-end,

Stephane.

Comment

Originally posted by snifproduction View Post
            Hi Boscoe99,

many thanks for your quick answer! Really appreciated!!!

I have bought one like this and a mecano try to mount it today but he told that this is not the good model.

Are you sur it is the good reference (6G5-43880-02-00)?

Regards,

Stephane.
            what was the part number of the one you bought and tried already?

Comment

Hi,

We have tried again this morning and the mecanic still told me that it is not the good spares. I'm desperate.

The spare I bought on ebay was the following :
              https://www.ebay.com/itm/TILT-TRIM-M...72.m2749.l2649

I have take some photos if it can help. I am attaching them to the email.

Have a nice day,

Stephane.
              Attached Files

Comment

Inspect the body of the trim and tilt unit. You are looking for any numbers or letters that might be on there.

Why isn't the mechanic determining what part number you need? That is one part of their job.

Post a photo of the old trim motor.

Comment

Thank you again Boscoe99.

The engine is very old and in my country the mecanic is not, I think, as mecanic in your country... They don't have any degree they just do it since they were born...

Nevermind, attached the photos of the old motor. It seems exactly the same... I will try again with him, perhaps he tried the wrong way to put the new motor on it.

What do you think?
                  Attached Files

Comment

I would question the mechanic and see for myself what he is having a problem with putting the new motor on.

that way you can help him figure it out or at least relay that info to us so maybe we could give suggestions.

if the motor is not setting all of the way down, there is a coupling that needs to be lined up properly to the motor shaft and the pump.
                    If they do not line up just right the motor will not seat all of the way down.
                    Last edited by 99yam40; 12-11-2017, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Can the old unit be seated back on the top of pump? Looks like the pump mechanism has moved over and is not centered. Now saying this, I have never needed to change my motor on tilt unit.

Comment

Thank you bolth for this. I will share this with him and have a look to these options.

I will revert back after.

Thanks.

Comment

If I was attempting this project, I would remove the trim tilt unit from the bracket/boat. More room to work and see what is going on.

Comment

Working...
                          X