2001 250EFI 2 stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 250EFI 2 stroke

Can any body recommend a good rebuilder in the north Fl area? I don't mind traveling for a quality job.

Not North Florida but they have trucks in Florida.

The man you want is Chris Carson. A South Florida marine service and supply shop specializing in reed valves and the rebuilding and re-manufacturing of outboard motor powerheads and lower units - Chris Carson Marine Service and Supply.

Comment

you also may wish to contact Jeff at Flagship marine in punta gorda.

Comment

Todd Blizzard ( Coastal Engines ) in Pensacola 850-433-7938, I've been using him for over 15 years.

Comment

The one time I used him he drove to my house, removed the powerhead, took it back, rebuilt it, tested it, and drove back and reinstalled it and tested it again. This was at the same price of what rebuilt powerheads were going for.

Comment

Thanks for input. I have talked to all parties and believe I have made my decision.

Comment

And the decision was???

Comment

Chris Carson. I liked that he covers the whole motor, not just the powerhead. According to Chris the OX66 is a great motor and if something goes wrong with the powerhead there is a good chance the cause could be with the oil injection or another external component. I will be taking complete motor and after powerhead is rebuilt he will check all systems to make sure all are working correctly. Cost is higher but to me the extra detail is worth it. He also has made some suggestions that will help with transport cost.

Comment

I have heard nothing but good stuff about Chris Carson.

I recommend him so much that maybe I should be on commission.

Comment

I'll let him know and be interested in his response.

Comment

Originally posted by oldcobia View Post
                      I'll let him know and be interested in his response.
                      You can just send me 5% of whatever you are paying him.

Comment

Originally posted by oldcobia View Post
                        Chris Carson. I liked that he covers the whole motor, not just the powerhead. According to Chris the OX66 is a great motor and if something goes wrong with the powerhead there is a good chance the cause could be with the oil injection or another external component. I will be taking complete motor and after powerhead is rebuilt he will check all systems to make sure all are working correctly. Cost is higher but to me the extra detail is worth it. He also has made some suggestions that will help with transport cost.
                        With my engine he found a blockage in one of the oil tube check valves. I'm not sure if I would have checked that if I replaced the powerhead myself.
                        He saved me from frying another powerhead.

Comment

That's the main reason I'm going with Chris. Complete check of all systems. Thanks for all input.

Comment

Working...
                          X