yamaha f 100 problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yamaha f 100 problems

Hello engine yamaha F 100 2003 I will expose my problem trouble-free starting the engine rises to 1100 trs then goes down to 850 trs turns very well to slow after a warm-up period I leave that's where the problem comes in. I can not get over 2000 trs for about 3/4 hours to 1 hour it works well from this period takes all these tricks just a piece of information when the engine is not working well it's quibbling and it stops for no reason when I try to speed up carburetors open up to the max Thank you for your help greetings

When was the last time the carburetors were thoroughly cleaned and synchronized?

By thoroughly I mean completely dismantled and cleaned in a heated ultrasonic cleaner.

What country are you in?

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46
      Too much coffee?
      What we have here is an apparent failure to communicate.

But since I am struggling to speak/understand a smidgeon of Spanish I shall not criticize someone that can write in a non-native language. Which I think is the situation here. That or the OP is from Savannah.

We folks here in Kennesaw like Savannah. If it weren't for Savannah we would have no one to look down on.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
        What we have here is an apparent failure to communicate.

But since I am struggling to speak/understand a smidgeon of Spanish I shall not criticize someone that can write in a non-native language. Which I think is the situation here. That or the OP is from Savannah.

We folks here in Kennesaw like Savannah. If it weren't for Savannah we would have no one to look down on.
        I'd have to agree. You do have that biscuit place up there.

Shamed into deleting my *****y comment
        Last edited by pstephens46; 12-05-2017, 08:07 AM.

Comment

You fellows are hard men...

Comment

Originally posted by michel92 View Post
            Hello engine yamaha F 100 2003 I will expose my problem trouble-free starting the engine rises to 1100 trs then goes down to 850 trs turns very well to slow after a warm-up period I leave that's where the problem comes in. I can not get over 2000 trs for about 3/4 hours to 1 hour it works well from this period takes all these tricks just a piece of information when the engine is not working well it's quibbling and it stops for no reason when I try to speed up carburetors open up to the max Thank you for your help greetings
            My interpretation. The engine starts and idles OK. Then it will not go over 2000 rpm for 3/4 to 1 hour. After this it works well? ?

When it is not working right it takes full throttle to get to 2000 rpm..and is missfiring ( quibbling )

Maybe this is correct.

Comment

I have no clue.

For the Op.

Can you list, separately, (like this) exactly what's happening?

Normal operation and when acting up?

**Re-reading the post it seems AFTER warm up issues begin.

For 45 minutes to an hour, he cannot get over 2,000 RPMs, throttle doesn't respond to acceleration/RPM's.

Is that correct???

(Sounds like warm idle is a bit high, 850 too)

Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 12-05-2017, 08:48 AM.
              Scott
              1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                When was the last time the carburetors were thoroughly cleaned and synchronized?

By thoroughly I mean completely dismantled and cleaned in a heated ultrasonic cleaner.

What country are you in?
                I'm french the last cleaning was done in 2016 and the sync also

Comment

Originally posted by panasonic View Post
                  My interpretation. The engine starts and idles OK. Then it will not go over 2000 rpm for 3/4 to 1 hour. After this it works well? ?

When it is not working right it takes full throttle to get to 2000 rpm..and is missfiring ( quibbling )

Maybe this is correct.
                  it is exactly that starting without problems, engine heats then departure and the impossible to exceed 2000 trs

Comment

If I was to guess,
                    If the engine shows symptoms after warmup look at ignition coil(s) faulty.
                    Or from last OP post, the engine is overheating, the most common culprit would be the water pump.

People on this forum will try to tease out more information in order to work out how to tackle this.

Comment

Originally posted by michel92 View Post
                      it is exactly that starting without problems, engine heats then departure and the impossible to exceed 2000 trs
                      Bonjour Monsieur,

Is the engine peeing OK? If so, is the water hot to touch the hand?

Comment

Yamahas do not show a overheat thru the TT as it does not run thru the motor before exiting

Comment

2003 should support YDS software, no?
                          Maybe a bootleg copy for the Frenchman?

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                            Yamahas do not show a overheat thru the TT as it does not run thru the motor before exiting
                            Try telling that to the last two F15's I fixed with bad impellers, with "overly' hot water coming out the pisser and in RPM reduction....from overheat.

Comment

the Yamahas I have seen with overheat did not have hot water out the TT. maybe on some the TT comes from somewhere different than before running thru the block

Comment

Working...
                              X