No announcement yet.

yamaha f 100 problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unlike some Mercury's there are no Yamaha outboard motors that I can thing of that are considered "hot pissers".

Water is taken from the base of the block or the exhaust guide, before it circulates through the motor, and sent to the tell tale port. Sometimes through a rectifier/regulator. Sometimes through a fuel/water heat exchanger. Sometimes through an oil/water heat exchanger. Sometimes through a combination of the various components.

Comment

Originally posted by panasonic View Post
      Bonjour Monsieur,

Is the engine peeing OK? If so, is the water hot to touch the hand?
      Hello
      the engine is not hot no indicator light, neither temperature nor pressure

Comment

Bonjour Monsieur,

Is the engine peeing OK? If so, is the water hot to touch the hand?
        he engine is normal I can touch the pissete without problems no light to light or that of temperature or that of oil pressure

Comment

Originally posted by zenoahphobic View Post
          If I was to guess,
          If the engine shows symptoms after warmup look at ignition coil(s) faulty.
          Or from last OP post, the engine is overheating, the most common culprit would be the water pump.

People on this forum will try to tease out more information in order to work out how to tackle this.
          if I understood correctly the fault would be a coil so I should try to control the primary and secondary with a con*****er put on homs

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
            2003 should support YDS software, no?
            Maybe a bootleg copy for the Frenchman?
            my engine does not have a YDS plug I think what appeared with the injection

Comment

Originally posted by zenoahphobic View Post
              If I was to guess,
              If the engine shows symptoms after warmup look at ignition coil(s) faulty.
              Or from last OP post, the engine is overheating, the most common culprit would be the water pump.

People on this forum will try to tease out more information in order to work out how to tackle this.
              if I understood correctly you think that the problem would come from one or two coils so I should control the primary and secondary with con*****er put on homs

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                Unlike some Mercury's there are no Yamaha outboard motors that I can thing of that are considered "hot pissers".

Water is taken from the base of the block or the exhaust guide, before it circulates through the motor, and sent to the tell tale port. Sometimes through a rectifier/regulator. Sometimes through a fuel/water heat exchanger. Sometimes through an oil/water heat exchanger. Sometimes through a combination of the various components.
                Boscoe/99

Yes that is correct, not hot pissers, water is taken off the exhaust cover to the pisser...at least it is on the very limited number of Yamahas I have fooled with.

When they are cooling right, meaning the water pump is providing enough pressure and flow, the water comes out of the pisser pleasantly warm to touch. I realize the water does not go all the way through the block before it exits the pisser.

In the example I gave, both F15's, the water was coming out (very little flow) of the pisser to hot to keep your hand under. Both had very little of the impeller left when water pump was disassembled. Both where triggering RPM reduction and red LED overheat light.

These engines have water cooled fuel pumps just before the pisser exit port.

Back to trying to help the OP out.

Comment

Originally posted by michel92 View Post
                  he engine is normal I can touch the pissete without problems no light to light or that of temperature or that of oil pressure
                  Good.... just checking the easy stuff first.

Have you pulled the spark plugs to see their condition and if they all look the same??? Maybe post a picture of the plugs.

Are you sure all cylinders are firing?

Comment

Good.... just checking the easy stuff first.

Have you pulled the spark plugs to see their condition and if they all look the same??? Maybe post a picture of the plugs.

Are you sure all cylinders are firing?
                    so I would have to take the candles one by one, put them to the ground to see what works?

Comment

Boscoe/99

Yes that is correct, not hot pissers, water is taken off the exhaust cover to the pisser...at least it is on the very limited number of Yamahas I have fooled with.

When they are cooling right, meaning the water pump is providing enough pressure and flow, the water comes out of the pisser pleasantly warm to touch. I realize the water does not go all the way through the block before it exits the pisser.

In the example I gave, both F15's, the water was coming out (very little flow) of the pisser to hot to keep your hand under. Both had very little of the impeller left when water pump was disassembled. Both where triggering RPM reduction and red LED overheat light.

These engines have water cooled fuel pumps just before the pisser exit port.

Back to trying to help the OP out.
                      on my engine no lights to light up I can get my hands on the cooling outlet

Comment

Originally posted by michel92 View Post
                        so I would have to take the candles one by one, put them to the ground to see what works?
                        Yes take the candles out one by one and make sure they are firing. Also what do they look like? Are they black, sooty, oily...ect

Can you take a picture of the plugs all together and post here?

Comment

Yes take the candles out one by one and make sure they are firing. Also what do they look like? Are they black, sooty, oily...ect

Can you take a picture of the plugs all together and post here?
                          I will go to the boat and take apart the candles one by one take pictures and put them on the forum

Comment

Working...
                          X