• Smart meter

If you have a smart meter on your house
    you may want to google it,{smart meter}
    scary stuff.

Originally posted by walleye1 View Post
    If you have a smart meter on your house
    you may want to google it,{smart meter}
    scary stuff.
    If smart means letting a company or the government know what I am up to, then no thanks.

Does not mean I am being nefarious. Means they need to stay out of my business.

Comment

If you don't have a meter reader its digital.

Comment

They can turn them on and off without coming to the house and at least they know when there is a power outage and how many meters are affected without everyone calling it in now. heck the electric company started charging all of us extra when they started putting smart meters in even before they got around to putting them in to all of us. I remember back years ago when they started to get the permits to build a nuke power plant here, they started charging us extra for electricity before they even built the dang plant itself. I think my water meter is also a smart one. they get to eliminate peoples jobs and save them money, but charge us more anyway
        Last edited by 99yam40; 12-03-2017, 03:49 PM.

Comment

There are people dying from these.

Comment

Dying from ????

Comment

Be positive man. Think of the savings in not having to pay social security and other pensions to those old dogs. Of which I are one.

Comment

People only get hurt if they do not know what they are doing and do not take the proper steps to protect themselves. if you work around electricity you should know what you are doing and how to protect yourself from what others can do at all times

Comment

GET YOUR SMART METER REMOVED – HERE’S HOW – SPEAK UP AND STAY ALIVE Radio~The Book~Live Events
                  go here and reed.

Comment

Seems the meters emit very little RF waves:

From the American Cancer Society:
                    https://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancer...rt-meters.html

Quote:
                    "The frequency and power of the RF waves given off by a smart meter are similar to that of a typical cell phone, cordless phone, or residential Wi-Fi router. Smart meters typically send and receive short messages about 1% of the time."

For down here at least, (short of brown outs-and never had one in 32 years), the electric company cannot cut your power consumption back UNLESS you sign up for it..

As for how much electric I use each day (that's ALL they have access to), who cares??

Scott
                    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

I am old too Bosscoe

Comment

At times it's over the limit of rf.

Comment

Well folks put cell phones, cordless phones to their ear/head. They emit RF.

The meter, in most cases, is MANY feet away from most folks and we're talking RF frequencies..

Sounds like a bunch of .... to me...

Just my two cents..

Scott
                          1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

They can tell what movie you watched last nite.

Comment

Smart electricity meters came to Victoria, Australia a couple of years ago, over a long period of change over.
                              Concerns were very much raised, particularly where they were installed on walls that had bedrooms behind them. These concerns were dismissed by the powers that be.
                              They were compulsorily installed and power companies can and do remotely disconnect house electricity through them.

There is danger from these and all the other electromagnetic devices we have, particularly the cumulative 24hr exposure to them.
                              Mobile or cell phones have had the same concerns, and dismissed by the powers that be.
                              It is however officially recognised that one should not sleep with your mobile nearby!
                              Am I concerned? a bit, I am old, but I don't leave my phone in my bedroom at night.

Comment

Working...
                              X