Proper way to clean your Yamaha?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proper way to clean your Yamaha?

As some of you know I just bought a boat with a Yamaha 2002 ox66 250 and I'm having an issue with it ( still working on it), but as I'm working on this engine it's not the cleanest thing around... what is the best way the Proper way to clean (degrease) and get the funk out of it. I've cleaned car engines before but never a Motor Engine.
    Thx
    Sabotage

No real difference between degreasing an automobile engine compartment and an outboard motor. Many products to choose from. I use and have success with Simple Green. Spray it on the block and let it do its thing. Spray it into the bottom cowling, then take a garden hose and carefully and gently spray water into the bottom cowling to rinse out the grim. Then be sure to rinse off exterior of engine, below the bottom cowling. Keep any degreasing product you use from directly contacting the electrical components.
    Jason
    1998 S115TLRW + 1976 Aquasport 170

Comment

I use a spray lubricant/solvent similar to WD-40 and an old toothbrush and an air hose to blow off the crud.....this method takes the water out of the entire process....Once you get it nice and clean it'll pretty much stay that way with minimum touch-up...

Comment

I would get all your wiring connections squared away first, and water tight where they should be. After that, use gunk or any other auto engine degreaser...detail brush if u are anal. Low pressure water rinse, and leaf blower to dry. After that spray a corrosion inhibitor.

Comment

I'll try these methods out.... I'll do before and after pictures as well.
          Sabotage

Comment

Working...
          X