Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yamaha 115hp - 2 Strokes: Carburettor Jets: Advice Please....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 115hp - 2 Strokes: Carburettor Jets: Advice Please....

Good evening,

Some carburettor advice & guidance if anyone out there is able to help.

As background, I have 2 x 115hp Yamaha V4 2-strokes that I imported to the UK from southern Africa in 2001. What complicated mattes is that both engines don't have Serial Numbers, but I'm reasonably confident they were manufactured in 1994.

I recently took the carburetors off both engines, but I don't think they are the original ones from 1994. When I ordered replacement a brass Jet Slow Air Bleed (61A-1492H-12) and a brass Main Air Bleed (61A-14929-58-00). They were both too big. These parts have been consistently used in all 115hp 2-strokes from 1994 onwards, but they don't fit my carbs..

I believe the carburettors on the engines are older, possibly 1984. The equivalent part in a 1984 parts diagram for a slow Slow Bleed Jet is;
    Jet Slow Air Bleed (6E5-14347-25-00).
    Unfortunately, this item doesn't seem to be available any longer.

Would anyone have a carburettor parts diagram dating back to the 1980s that they would be prepared to share, or have any advice on where I could import the parts from the US.

Other options - Would it be possible to re-tap the threads on my carbs and use the larger diameter jets? Could i get new brass jets manufactured (they are very small)? Would there be an equivalent used on other applications - e.g. motorcycles?

A lot of questions, but I'm struggling to source these items this side of the pond.

Thank you.

Look on the side of the block for the alternate serial number label. Should be near the starter motor. Will look like this

https://www.google.com/search?q=yama...sYbQYQjg6m3DM:

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
      Look on the side of the block for the alternate serial number label. Should be near the starter motor. Will look like this

https://www.google.com/search?q=yama...sYbQYQjg6m3DM:
      Thank you. I have those numbers, but weren't sure what they were for.

Comment

Can I ask what is wrong with the Jets that came out?

Comment

Originally posted by panasonic View Post
          Can I ask what is wrong with the Jets that came out?
          The heads were damaged (not by me). One has come off completely, and half of the other one is missing. The threads are fine, and I could screw them back in.
          I could, at a push, use both again, but for peace of mind I'd like to replace them. If that's not possible, then they're going back to where they came!

Comment

[QUOTE=HarriesDGH;149907]
            Originally posted by HarriesDGH View Post
            The heads were damaged (not by me). One has come off completely, and half of the other one is missing. The threads are fine, and I could screw them back in.
            I could, at a push, use both again, but for peace of mind I'd like to replace them. If that's not possible, then they're going back to where they came!
            Attached Files

Comment

Thank you. I have those numbers, but weren't sure what they were for.
              Well, what are the numbers? I can maybe pin the motors to a particular year and model identity.

You can go the Yamaha USA website and look at the parts catalog for every 115 model offered here from 1984 through 2009. Open the illustration labeled "carburetor" and you can see what part number main jet, slow jet, main air jet and slow air jet was used through the years.

www.yamahaoutboards.com

This company can provide a number of Keihin jets or aftermarket jets are a reduced price.

Jets R Us mikuni, keihin, hitachi, holley, jets and carb parts

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                Well, what are the numbers? I can maybe pin the motors to a particular year and model identity.

You can go the Yamaha USA website and look at the parts catalog for every 115 model offered here from 1984 through 2009. Open the illustration labeled "carburetor" and you can see what part number main jet, slow jet, main air jet and slow air jet was used through the years.

www.yamahaoutboards.com

This company can provide a number of Keihin jets or aftermarket jets are a reduced price.

Jets R Us mikuni, keihin, hitachi, holley, jets and carb parts
                Thank you. That is so kind & helpful. The numbers are: 721661 and 721664

Comment

Thank you. That is so kind & helpful. The numbers are: 721661 and 721664
                  See attached..
                  Attached Files

Comment

See attached..
                    I have also checked the Mozambican Registration Book which records two numbers for the engines;

Comment

I have also checked the Mozambican Registration Book which records two numbers for the engines;

Photographs of my carbs...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Photographs of my carbs...
                        Someone was very rough with the screwdriver!
                        This might suggest difficulty in getting the engines running properly and why perhaps they were retrofitted. I suspect the fuel where they come from has something to do with what you got.

Comment

those jets under that stainless plate are NOT slow air bleeds.
                          they are back draft.
                          slow air bleeds are located in the uypper part of the carb throat.
                          idle fuel jets are located in the fuel bowl.

Comment

The jets under the cover held on by a single screw are called main air bleed jets by Yamaha. Part number 61A-1492G-58-00. Still available albeit outrageously priced here in the US. Earlier usage is indicated to at least 1991.

61A-1492G-58-00 YAMAHA JET,MAIN AIR BLEED

If they don't fit your particular carburetors then you might take a photo of the existing jets, shown alongside a ruler in metric, and send it to the jetsrus man to see if he can identify what you have. Jets R Us mikuni, keihin, hitachi, holley, jets and carb parts

By the engine ID numbers you provided your motors could be from circa 1985 ~ 1989. Note that the carburetor markings show 6E5 12. This indicates a part number of 6E5-14301-12-00 carburetor. Replaced by the -13-00 carburetors which is still available.

6E5-14301-13-00 YAMAHA CARBURETOR ASY 1

If you look at the -12 or -13 carburetors over the years they have used different dash number main air bleed jets.

Comment

Thank you so much. That is very helpful...

Comment

Working...
                              X