Yamaha 60 HP 2 Stroke No power until warm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
    Looks to be a C60TLRV. V indicates a 1997 model year motor.

The C60TLRV uses a 6H3 prefix starter motor which is shown in one of your photos. Another photo shows a 6H2 prefix CDI (-10 configuration) which is also used on a C60 model.

The C60 uses a choke for cold start fuel enrichment. Does the solenoid work? That is, when the key is pressed in does the solenoid click and retract the pull wire? Is the pull wire connected to the carburetor choke linkage? An O ring holds it in place. That O ring is known to fail with the passage of time. On a 20 year old motor the original O ring would long since have been toast.

Is the pull-to-choke knob connected to the carburetors? Does it close the choke plate when it is pulled out?
    Both the pull lever choke and the Push key enrichment work as they are supposed to, I use the push key to start and after its been running for a little if I push it in it starts to die, same as the pull lever choke. Still only running on 2 while doing this though until warm.

I will definitely try to get the spark checked asap, just been very busy and with DST it's dark by the time I get home from work. Thanks again everyone.

I'm thinking it might have something to do with the CDI box.
    Last edited by fg2_matt; 12-06-2017, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fg2_matt View Post
      I'm thinking it might have something to do with the CDI box.
      Everyone does.

Comment

Working...
      X