No announcement yet.

F200 blowing 5 amp fuel pump fuse on cold starts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

those old fellas had a thing for explosions.

I remember reading about a dead whale washing up on a local beach many many years ago. someone had the idea to blow it up instead of trying to digging a hole.
    it was a major mess when they blew up a rotting whale

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
      those old fellas had a thing for explosions.

I remember reading about a dead whale washing up on a local beach many many years ago. someone had the idea to blow it up instead of trying to digging a hole.
      it was a major mess when they blew up a rotting whale
      Been up close and personal with a rotting whale....it is the worst smell I have ever experienced..

Thier breathe even stinks. When they come up next to the boat and blow and you are downwind, the smell is enough to make you sick.

But they are amazing creatures to observe.

Comment

Originally posted by panasonic View Post

Thier breathe even stinks. When they come up next to the boat and blow and you are downwind, the smell is enough to make you sick.

Must be internal saltwater corrosion???
        Dennis
        Keep life simple, eat, sleep, fish, repeat!

Comment

Welp, all this other stuff aside... I got the new fuel pump in yesterday and got it installed today. Took the 7.5 amp fuse out and put a 5 amp back in. Started it up cold and it held up! Success!

Comment

Congrates and thanks for the update!

Scott
            1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by wiznut86 View Post
              Welp, all this other stuff aside... I got the new fuel pump in yesterday and got it installed today. Took the 7.5 amp fuse out and put a 5 amp back in. Started it up cold and it held up! Success!

Good to hear your success. All the other stuff is what makes this site so interesting as opposed to the other sites where they just bicker all the time.
              Dennis
              Keep life simple, eat, sleep, fish, repeat!

Comment

Guess the exploding pigs and whales didn't resonate so much with the op.

Comment

Working...
                X