No announcement yet.

Carburetor Syncing Tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ever use the dynamic function on the vacumate???
    it is a wonderful trouble shooting tool. that is why it is so expensive.
    it is bullet proof and does more than just sync.

Comment

There is a used one on flebay for 460.00.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
        ever use the dynamic function on the vacumate???
        it is a wonderful trouble shooting tool. that is why it is so expensive.
        it is bullet proof and does more than just sync.
        Never used one period.

What is "the dynamic feature" exactly?

Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

You Tube has vids of the vav mate.

Comment

the dynamic mode simply allows one to observe the positive and negative pressures in the intake.
            it can spot which cylinder is misfireing and sometimes why it is misfireing.
            it is just a quick easy check.
            it also has a tach function.
            would most backyardigans need a 750 dollar tool.
            nope.
            would a trained tech that does it for a living while billing by the hour need one.
            yep.
            but that tech also needs the tool twixt the ears or the 750 would be better spent on fine likker.

Comment

the dynamic mode simply allows one to observe the positive and negative pressures in the intake.
              it can spot which cylinder is misfireing and sometimes why it is misfireing.
              it is just a quick easy check.
              it also has a tach function.
              would most backyardigans need a 750 dollar tool.
              nope.
              would a trained tech that does it for a living while billing by the hour need one.
              yep.
              but that tech also needs the tool twixt the ears or the 750 would be better spent on fine likker.
              Thanks, some great options there. Especially for the full timer mokanic..

Agreed as well, for the DIY'er, it'd take years for it to pay for itself.

Spark tester/ leak down tester, etc, should be able to do most of what that tool does(and obviously take longer), however, for myself (and likely most others here), as time diagnosing, for me, is not an issue.
              Scott
              1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

some years back a buddy of mine made a 4 channel manometer for his F50.
                he bought 4 liquid dampend gauges and epoxied them to a strip of fiberglass.
                worked well for his yearly carb job.

Comment

yep.
                  Yep so that he can do a flat rate job, billed for two hours time, in 30 minutes. Helps with the income.

Most mechanics will posses more tools than talent. I loves me some tools. Fancy schmancy tools. And I are just a backyardigan mokanic.

Comment

only time I flat rate is when doing warrenty repairs. after that it is by the hour.
                    if the flat rate says 1.5 hr and I can do it in 1 hr the customer gets billed an hour.
                    if the flat rate says 1.5 hr and I use the torch to remove four bolts and drill and heli-coil two more, guess what.

Comment

Same here Rod.

Comment

Working...
                      X