Panasonic (anyone) do you know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
    Because it is quiet. I can then observe/record various AC phase output voltages, DC output voltages, etc. as electrical loads are applied and then removed, as the rotor RPM is increased or decreased, in relative peacefulness.

Why? Just so that I can better understand what is going on in a permanent magnet electrical generation system. Just for the fun/frustration of it.

I had once planned to buy a blown 2 stroke block and turn the crank shaft/rotor with an electric motor to observe the electrical system output but that proved too difficult to do. Not many around and folks wanted too much dinero for their junk.

Wishing now that I had an oscilloscope.
    I thought Rodbolt had a 40hp something he was going to give you?

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
      I thought Rodbolt had a 40hp something he was going to give you?
      You have a good memory.

Rodbolt went silent on me. He must have gotten distracted before looking through his scrap pile.

Comment

To "observe" AC, an Oscilloscope will be almost mandatory, pretty hard to do it any other way, except for basic voltage outputs with a meter or something maybe.

Comment

By observe I mean to measure via a volt meter. It is somewhat interesting to me to see the relationship between single phase AC converted to DC and three phase AC converted to DC.

Now would I like to have an oscilloscope? You betcha.

Comment

EBay. .........

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
              You have a good memory.

Rodbolt went silent on me. He must have gotten distracted before looking through his scrap pile.
              Might have been an F40. Hell, he coulda dropped it off on one of his Mobile runs.

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
                Might have been an F40. Hell, he coulda dropped it off on one of his Mobile runs.
                I wanted a two stroke that has roller bearings for the crank shaft. Much lighter motor also.

Comment

several ways to convert A/C to D/C. simple low current stuff may use a single diode.
                  more elaborate stuff may use a bridge rectifier and a constant voltage regulator.
                  it is fairly simple as a field tech. good inputs bad output replace the device.
                  as a field tech I do not have the equipment to unpot and disassemble the device.
                  I was trained in micro miniature repairs but it does take a bit of special equipment.
                  most folks have no clue what an attenuator is or how to use it.
                  most have no clue what a megger is nor how to use it.
                  most have no clue what a vacuum tube volt meter is nor how or when to use it.
                  most folks have never measured resistance in micro mo's.
                  back in the day we did it all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
                    several ways to convert A/C to D/C. simple low current stuff may use a single diode.
                    more elaborate stuff may use a bridge rectifier and a constant voltage regulator.
                    it is fairly simple as a field tech. good inputs bad output replace the device.
                    as a field tech I do not have the equipment to unpot and disassemble the device.
                    I was trained in micro miniature repairs but it does take a bit of special equipment.
                    most folks have no clue what an attenuator is or how to use it.
                    most have no clue what a megger is nor how to use it.
                    most have no clue what a vacuum tube volt meter is nor how or when to use it.
                    most folks have never measured resistance in micro mo's.
                    back in the day we did it all the time.
                    But you didn't say what happened to the 40hp motor for Boscoe?

Comment

Working...
                    X