gearcase drain plug leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post

Suggest the postimage for posting pics. .

+1 ^^. VERY easy to use, free too! Set the image for a 19" monitor...

Postimage.org — free image hosting / image upload

Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

leaky drain plug

Ok - just did that Scott. Can RodBolt view them on the post image website
      or am I to move them to our forum somehow

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
        Try the new screw. Assume the dealer is paying for it. If that doesn't work, helicoil as mentioned.

Suggest the postimage for posting pics. Rodbolt can't view the format you used.
        He uses an Apple II from 1977.
        That modern huh?

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
          What do most hate most about flat bladed screw driver bits? They slide out of the damn slot.

Why not a bit to prevent this?

aha - looks like you found a patent for such a blade.

Other than the Yamaha LU plugs, I haven't been able to google up even a hint that the concept exists

Comment

Originally posted by fairdeal View Post
            aha - looks like you found a patent for such a blade.

Other than the Yamaha LU plugs, I haven't been able to google up even a hint that the concept exists
            Easy enough to make from a nice big flat head screw driver...if you have a bench grinder.

Comment

Anyone know why the text font is so bloody small on the replies...need a magnifying glass to read them.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                That modern huh?
                Commodore 64 with the cassette tape for memory...Haha

Comment

Lots of home appliances had slotted screws with a small hole in the centre, screwdrivers were available to fit them, I guess it was the first attempts at high speed assembly, and before the philips head came into use that they were used.

Comment

As mentioned you need a flat surface on the gear case and a flat surface on the underside of the head of the screw.
                    The surfaces need to be parallel and this may well be difficult to achieve. I have seen this before on an outboard, extremely frustrating.
                    Any drilling for helicoil may not improve things and may well compromise this perfect fit.
                    The two need to be lapped together, which is very difficult to do with a threaded hole.
                    The only solution often is to glue them together. Not a problem with various sealers that can be snapped off and be cleaned away come next oil change.

Comment

Originally posted by panasonic View Post
                      Commodore 64 with the cassette tape for memory...Haha
                      Forgot about that one. Used them in 7th grade.
                      Took awhile to save about 10 lines of code.

Anybody remember the Wang computers? Not kidding....

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Sopranzi View Post
                        Ok - just did that Scott. Can RodBolt view them on the post image website
                        or am I to move them to our forum somehow
                        Click on the "Hotlink for forums" off to the right. Copy that and paste on your post here. The pic will then show up.

RB should be able to see that.

As stated earlier, the 19" setting makes the pic's the size I post...

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by panasonic View Post
                          Anyone know why the text font is so bloody small on the replies...need a magnifying glass to read them.
                          The font looks fine here...

Probably either a setting or that darn infection.
                          (Norton hasn't had to block anymore, but BOLD still doesn't work)..

Besides the broke bold, I can't change the font size (above the B, I, U, options..). That may be your issue...
                          Scott

Comment

leaky drain plug

Scott,
                            Can't seem to get the "hot link" to cut/paste over to my thread. I'm not
                            a whiz at this stuff. Something I obviously don't understand about this procedure.
                            Tony

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Sopranzi View Post
                              Scott,
                              Can't seem to get the "hot link" to cut/paste over to my thread. I'm not
                              a whiz at this stuff. Something I obviously don't understand about this procedure.
                              Tony
                              Here ya go. Get to your picture, click on it. There will be the "share" (circled in RED to the left (see below). Same link, click all the way over to the right(also circled). It'll now show "copied".

Come back to an open post here, rt click paste, done!!

Scott

Comment

leaky drain plug

Not getting the image moved over

Comment

Working...
                                X