Help Required Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Required Please

Hi all,new here, I have a 2006 four stroke efi,i just bought a second hand command link kit from eBay,its a round tach with the hub and looms,the engine bus harness is a grey 6 pin plug, but I have a white 4 pin plug at the engine is there some adapter missing from the kit or have I got the wrong bus harness,thanks in advance.

the two ends of the "bus" connect with 6-pin "bus harness"

then at each end, the gauge and the motor connect to the "bus" with 4-pin "pig tail harness"

I can't guess whether you've gotten "multi-hub" or "in-line hub" parts for the bus

have a look at this document, page 11 and 12 each show connection of a single gauge, one using multihubs the other using in-line

https://yamahaoutboards.com/catalog/2017/MRP/index.html

Comment

Hi,thanks for the help,i looked through the manual,it would appear I need an inline hub to change my 6 pin main bus harness to a 4 pin,i then connect a 4 pin pigtail to the inline hub and other end of pigtail to to my 4 pin plug at the engine,is this correct,?? i have a multi hub at the console where my tach plugs in and the power and other end of the main bus harness.

Comment

Sounds right,

So if you have a multi hub with power and the gauge plugged into it
        Then one inline hub for the engine will be fine -
        The inline hub is “double ended” so one end connects with the main bus cable
        The other end connects to the engine with a pigtail cable

Also you should have a gray cap on the other “bus” terminal of the multihub

Comment

thanks a million fairdeal,yes I have the grey terminator plugged into the multi hub,
          Once again, thanks for your time.

Comment

Got my command link tach Connected and working thanks to fairdeal, I'm having one small issue with the trim gauge,its showing the motor to be trimmed up to Max all the time,is there some more parts I need to get the tilt and trim display to work,thanks in advance

Comment

ahh right I didn't mention that part...
              near the white 4-pin engine connector is a pair of white single wire connectors (pink wire) , capped off. May be wrapped together with yellow tape.

Remove the caps, plug the wires together, and that will connect the trim sender to the ECU so it sends the data via Command Link

Comment

Fairdeal, you are a legend,thank you so much for everything,its very much appreciated

Comment

happy to help

everything I know, I learned from Boscoe (well, almost everything)

a few crumbs from his vast knowledge of things Yamaha

Comment

Originally posted by fairdeal View Post
                    happy to help

everything I know, I learned from Boscoe (well, almost everything)

a few crumbs from his vast knowledge of things Yamaha
                    Fairdeal is about the quickest learner I have ever come across. It took me years to understand stuff he picked up on in days.

We had a Yamaha dealer swearing that Fairdeal was Boscoe. I had to set the dealer straight.

Comment

He got me sorted,so top marks,great forum too,im glad I found it.

Comment

Originally posted by plummet1 View Post
                        He got me sorted,so top marks,great forum too,im glad I found it.
                        Then don't be a love'm and leave'm sort of guy. Hang around and make use of yourself.

Comment

If I can help anyone out, I surely will,not that I have much experience with engines 😧😧

Comment

normally I like to just read and learn, some times I can contribute to a conversation

Comment

Working...
                            X