No announcement yet.

Spark Plug issue 200 HPDI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the ONLY correct way to Id any pre2003 HPDI plug is by the tech bulliten AND the color of the ign coil primary connector.
    yep it is that simple.

Comment

Hi.
      I have problems with a Hpdi 200hk year 2002.
      it is firing of 1,4,5,6 att netrual. When higer rpm nr 4,5 is out and it is running on only 2 cylinders, when lowering rpm 4,5 fires again but still 2,3 is out? Any idees? (Sorry for bad english). Change spark plugs?

Comment

Originally posted by Jonas The swede View Post
        Hi.
        I have problems with a Hpdi 200hk year 2002.
        it is firing of 1,4,5,6 att netrual. When higer rpm nr 4,5 is out and it is running on only 2 cylinders, when lowering rpm 4,5 fires again but still 2,3 is out? Any idees? (Sorry for bad english). Change spark plugs?
        Ideas, yes. Change spark plugs, no.

Comment

the ECU thinks the motor is still in neutral, find out why

oh yea the Ecu will not fire all plugs in neutral

Comment

I changed the ecu and edu last summer. Bought them used. It is a long story. :-(. Have worked many hours and it feels like i have got PTSD from all the problems. Dont know where to start, whay does the ecu thinks it is in netrual? I know that it is not running on all cylinders st netrual, but whay is it cuting out two more cylindrers (sparkplugs) when higher rpm? Do i need to change the e cu again? Is it anything els i can try first? I think I sink it where the sea is the deepest :-(

Comment

----------------------
              Last edited by boscoe99; 07-04-2022, 07:47 AM.

Comment

should be a switch on the motor linkage that tells the ECU when shifted out of neutral.

it drops more cylinder to protect the motor from over revving when in neutral
                Last edited by 99yam40; 07-04-2022, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X