Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New tiller on older 8 hp 2 stroke

Hi,

Is there any kit or known way of installing one of the newer style tiller handles that have the shift on the tiller onto an older (pre 2005) 8 hp 2 stroke motor?

Love the weight of those older 8 hp 2 strokes, but that shift lever on the side is a back breaker.

thanks

Don't think so.

Comment

If it makes any difference, it's a 2006 model # 8MSH.

I guess mainly wondering if there's a way to take the tiller handle off the same 2006 model year F6, F8 or T8 since they have the shift in the handle, and install it (even with fabricating small brackets if needed) on this 2 stroke.
      Last edited by mitch184; 11-02-2017, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mitch184 View Post
        If it makes any difference, it's a 2006 model # 8MSH.

I guess mainly wondering if there's a way to take the tiller handle off the same 2006 model year F6, F8 or T8 since they have the shift in the handle, and install it (even with fabricating small brackets if needed) on this 2 stroke.
        Anything is possible I suppose if you got the time, patience and skills to adapt one...

I seen a 9.9 hp with a short piece of a broom handle attached to the shift lever so the gentleman would not have to twist around to shift. It was a long time ago and I can't remember exactly how he had it rigged up....but he said it worked perfectly.

Comment

Working...
        X