Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boscoe passing out candy?

You know Yam is.....

Boscoe just had her first visitors. Two neighborhood kids. Girl and boy. Dropped three pieces of candy into the boys bag and his mom said "what do you say?". His comment was "my bag is still open". Darn kid is only about 4 but he knows how to gaame the system.

Can't convince me that there is no difference between boys and girls.

Comment

I have not played the Halloween thing for many years
      I just came back from visiting Mom in nursing home and dropped by the store to pick up 2 briskets($1.67lb) and 2 whole boneless pork loins($1lb) to put in deep freeze
      sale ends tonight

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
        I have not played the Halloween thing for many years
        I just came back from visiting Mom in nursing home and dropped by the store to pick up 2 briskets($1.67lb) and 2 whole boneless pork loins($1lb) to put in deep freeze
        sale ends tonight
        Been there and done that. It is no fun. I wish you and her well.

Best that I can hope for is to die in my sleep. With my dog snoozing in my lap.

Comment

Being single now my chances of making it into a nursing home are very low.
          No wife to call for help.

Mom is 90 now and is not even talking to me the last few visits.Usually just smiles
          sucks to get old and out live the body and mind

Comment

Mom is 90 now and is not even talking to me the last few visits.Usually just smiles
            My mom had her mind until the end but the body was long gone. I think it might have been better if she had been in la la land like some of the others. She was all too painfully aware that she was biodegrading. God only knows how many pills she was taking. A pill for one problem and then another pill to counter the side effects of the first pill. Then a third pill to counter the second pill..... Her life revolved around taking pills.

I tell the neighbors that if they see me collapse in the front yard to ignore me and to mind their own damn business. Don't go calling no 911.

And I mean it.

Comment

Dangerous ground here. Could be touchy subject. Don't know....
              But I think you mentioned a son at one time? I would hope he might check on you here and there? Plus the church folks....

On a lighter note. Less than $2 a lb for brisket????
              Never cheap here, ever. $4.99 lb maybe...

Comment

Snap/post a pic of your dog for us Boscoe. Bet there are a bunch of dog people here.

Comment

Oh someone will find me if something happens
                  maybe out in a pasture or in the yard after I fall off a roof or ladder, maybe laying in bed or in the shower.
                  2 sons but do not live close enough for them to drop by often,
                  friends I fish with and siblings, but they will not find me in time to save me.
                  which is OK. after watching Dad and mom go down hill, I do not want to make it as far as they did

The briskets are packer trimmed, not the lean market trimmed, but that is the way I like them.
                  I get to trim as I want before cooking.

The pork loins are a good buy also
                  I will make Canadian Bacon out of at least one of them

Comment

Kinda unkempt. Like his papa. I usually keep him on the sheared side, unless it is winter time.

Comment

Here's a mutt for you. Doesn't bite,
                      lick, bark or fart. No kidding!

Comment

maybe out in a pasture or in the yard after I fall off a roof or ladder, maybe laying in bed or in the shower.
                        which is OK. after watching Dad and mom go down hill, I do not want to make it as far as they did

The briskets are packer trimmed, not the lean market trimmed, but that is the way I like them.

Me being from Georgia, and my brother now living in Texas, we debate over whether or not brisket is barbecue. BBQ.

Now brisket be good but it ain't pulled pork BBQ. With a mustard vinegar based sauce.

Briskets be too much work for me.

How do you make Canuck Bacon?

Comment

I kept your brisket recommendation notes. I just need a full day at house to
                          work at it.

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
                            Here's a mutt for you. Doesn't bite,
                            lick, bark or fart. No kidding!

What a cutie. Boscoe would like him/her.

Boscoe hardly ever barks, does not bit or fart, but he is known to lick his diick a time or two.

Do you know why a dog licks his diick? Because he can!

Comment

The white one is Polo and the brown one is Diesel.
                              Diesel does fart now and then!
                              Attached Files
                              Dennis
                              Keep life simple, eat, sleep, fish, repeat!

Comment

Working...
                              X