No announcement yet.

Boscoe passing out candy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

found some recipes on line, but settled on Tender Quick(Mortan), brown suger, onion powder, garlic powder, and black pepper
    rub it all in and put in large ziplocks in fridge for a week or 10 days, rince, soak in cold water ,dry and smoke at low temp until internal temp reaches 160

It ends up drier that the stuff I have seen in stores, but slice and eat or fry after slicing.
    usually if going to fry you only smoke to 145.
    I usually trim all fat and silver skin off the loin before curing

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
      I kept your brisket recommendation notes. I just need a full day at house to
      work at it.
      the days are getting too short now, last one I did I put on around 7am and left on till 10pm, turned once.
      kept at 250 with a pan of water in the cooking area to add moisture.
      I liked they way it turned out.
      still had some burnt ends to chop up or chew on

Comment

Like the burnt ends. Usually order the burnt ends at Salt Lick near Dripping Springs TX. Anybody know why Dripping Springs is famous the last few years??? Not the vodka...

Comment

probably started dripping again after all the rains we have had the last 3 years

Comment

YETI boys got it started there....

How silly is that?

The vodka distillery business has gone crazy too.
            vodka....nothing to it. Now bourbon/whiskey/moonshine is different...
            Last edited by pstephens46; 10-31-2017, 10:46 PM.

Comment

I have seen some stores that sell Yetis with Yeti clearance sell signs out down here

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                Dropped three pieces of candy into the boys bag and his mom said "what do you say?". His comment was "my bag is still open".
                That's when you reach in his open bag, grab those 3 pieces of candy you so kindly gave him, and replace the candy with a piece of fruit, a stem of raw broccoli, or a stalk of celery. Then with a big smile say, Enjoy!
                Jason
                1998 S115TLRW + 1976 Aquasport 170

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
                  Here's a mutt for you. Doesn't bite,
                  lick, bark or fart. No kidding!

Just came across this thread. He is such a cutie! Much like our Pomeranian, Scully. He would usually run around the front yard, play catch with the kids, and indulge in his dog treats. As energetic and naughty as he is, he's definitely a bundle of joy.

3.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by HenryTolliver View Post

Just came across this thread. He is such a cutie! Much like our Pomeranian, Scully. He would usually run around the front yard, play catch with the kids, and indulge in his dog treats. As energetic and naughty as he is, he's definitely a bundle of joy.

3.jpg
                    Don't underestimate my dog. A little known variety called the Alsatian Beruvian Fence Runner. Can be quite savage. Like a shark, he has rows of teeth. One snaps out, another quickly pops up in its place. Not for the weak hearted.

Comment

Working...
                    X