Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha powerhead color

Hello

I have a 90TLRA 2002 and I would like to repaint the exhaust cover. Does anyone know if Yamaha sells this paint or know the color code? It is a lighter gray than the rest of the engine and without the metallic look.

Look at the part number. If colour coded the last two digits will indicate the colour code.

Part number is 6H1-41113-00-1S.

Same colour code as the rest of the motor. The exhaust cover sees lot of high temperatures. Maybe it now looks different than other parts that have the same colour code.

Colour code 1S is a dark bluish gray. Color Rite code number 5358.

https://www.colorrite.com/wizardresults.cfm

Comment

Thanks for your reply boscoe. I attach a pic, maybe it shows better what I mean. The color is not the same as the rest of the engine. The whole power head is painted in the same different color, and it has not been repainted. The serial number sticker is there untouched for example.
      Attached Files

Comment

When it left the factory it (the engine itself) was all painted the same.

Look at the last two digits of the part numbers of the painted parts. For the engine. The crank case, the block, the cylinder head, the exhaust cover.

2002 90TLRA Yamaha Outboard CYLINDER CRANKCASE Diagram and Parts

Now the actual engine carries a different colour code than does other parts of the motor. The serial number is on the bottom cowl that uses colour code 4D.

If you want an exact match of what the colour is today maybe contact an auto body paint shop that does colour matching.
        Last edited by boscoe99; 10-19-2017, 01:05 PM.

Comment

It’s strange because I have seen some older 90hp power heads painted in the same color as the rest of the motor. I didn’t mention that my engine is an European model 90AETOL which should be the same as the US 90TRLA. I will check in the Yamaha electronic parts catalogue in my country if the part number has that S1 in the end, must wait until I reach a computer later tonight because it doesn’t work on my phone.

Comment

Working...
          X