Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ISC Valve Stepper Motor (Refresher Training)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISC Valve Stepper Motor (Refresher Training)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyqwLiowZiU

Very interesting indeed. Never operated a CNC mill or Lathe, all manual stuff for me. But I have watched them in action and it quite amazing. Once programed right, put the raw stock in, press start and sit back and watch.

Comment

I programmed and set up CNC lathes and mills at GOEX in Cleburne TX for about 6 yrs before I went in the USN.
      used an old MT-4 word processor and a tape punch.
      did the R&D thing with CNC's the last two years.

Comment

Supposedly analog speedometers use stepper motors. Lot of fine movement there compared to the old clickety clack ISC.

Comment

it is obvious that some folks simply do not understand D-A or A-D circuits.
          a quick 6 yr trip through the advanced electronics program in the USN may help.
          the ISC is NOT digital. it is a stupidly simple stepper motor that the ECU toggles a ground to make a rotor turn.
          that rotor simply screws in or out to modify idle air as a fine adjustment. it is that simple.

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
            Supposedly analog speedometers use stepper motors. Lot of fine movement there compared to the old clickety clack ISC.
            exactly what speedometers are you referring to here?
            automotive cable driven?
            pressure driven marine?

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
              exactly what speedometers are you referring to here?
              automotive cable driven?
              pressure driven marine?
              Automotive

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
                it is obvious that some folks simply do not understand D-A or A-D circuits.
                a quick 6 yr trip through the advanced electronics program in the USN may help.
                the ISC is NOT digital. it is a stupidly simple stepper motor that the ECU toggles a ground to make a rotor turn.
                that rotor simply screws in or out to modify idle air as a fine adjustment. it is that simple.
                Which folks are you referring to?

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
                  Automotive
                  Ha! I had to go look at my 2014 F150 to see if it was a analog or digital. Could not remember.

I am not sure how those ECUs move the needle on speedometer.
                  I was thinking more about the old cable driven units

Comment

Working...
                  X