225 HPDI fuel filter conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 225 HPDI fuel filter conversion

I have an 04 Yamaha 225 HPDI and I want to know if I can replace the metal in line filter with a spin on fuel filter/water seperator like a Raycor. Thanks in advance

If you are talking about the boat mounted fuel filter, absolutely positively. Many are using the Racor filter assembly successfully. It has many features that other filters don't offer. Racor offers a 2 micron element if one wants to improve the filtration.

Now if you are talking about the metal filter on the motor, not only no but hell no.

Comment

Yes the in line metal filter with the quick disconnect. Mine doesnt have a remote filter set up
      Last edited by twmotox17; 10-13-2017, 07:47 PM.

Comment

A Racor is rated for about 7 psi. The Yamaha metal filter is designed to handle over 40 psi.

Comment

Originally posted by twmotox17 View Post
          Yes the in line metal filter with the quick disconnect. Mine doesnt have a remote filter set up
          Odd. You may want to add a boat mounted filter. Especially for that motor.
          What make/model of boat?

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
            Odd. You may want to add a boat mounted filter. Especially for that motor.
            What make/model of boat?
            cleaning/filtering fuel before it hits the motor is a very good idea.

large filters can hold a lot more than small ones

Comment

Its on a 99 Stratos 201PE that i am repowering. It originally had a 99 Johnson 200 carb motor on it. I like the boat to much to get rid of it and it fishes better than most new ones and its payed for lol

Comment

If I had that motor I would figure a way to install a fuel filter on the "boat side".
                Somehow....

Motor has a persnickety reputation.

Fuel tank would be cleaned also.

Basing this on all the hpdi threads on this forum in the last couple years.

Also seems the 2.6 has the better reputation.

Comment

Working...
                X