Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
    Transport Canada same as FAA?

Interesting as you mentioned a tiff between Boeing and Canada?

Corporation on one side and government on the other. These things get too twisted. Should be Corp versus Corp and Governments dealing with Governments. Pipe dream......

Is Bombardier owned and operated by Canadian government? I guess Airbus is another example.

Governments tend to screw up businesses.
    Bombardier is not a government owned business...publicly traded stock. I own some.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
      Since we have diverted to aeroplane matters, and it has been slow on this forum lately, let's continue for a bit.

If a manufacturer specifies that a piston engine be overhauled at say 2000 hours or 10 years, does TC mandate that it be done? Here in the states this has been a contentious issue for general aviation. The FAA apparently looks the other way on this one and does not mandate that operators follow this part of the documentation for continued airworthiness. So, some stuff the manufacturers say has to be done while other stuff, apparently not.

Have you heard about Bombardier and Boeing? Boeing complained to the US government about Bombardier dumping airplanes here in the US below cost. Based on the Canuck government giving unfair subsidies to Bombardier. In a sale to Delta Air Lines. Delta says they are not paying a 220% tariff. Canada says they may not buy Boeing military airplanes in retaliation.

In the words of that ole sage, Rodney King "can't we all just get along"?
      I just heard something on the radio that is very coincidental. A Boeing commercial directed at the Canadian public basically saying how important Boeing is to Canada and how much money in trade there is...billions.

Boeing is certainly important to Canada.

I NEVER heard a Boeing commercial on the radio, Tv, computer aimed directly at the public before....seems very strange to me with all that is going on.

Comment

Originally posted by panasonic View Post
        I just heard something on the radio that is very coincidental. A Boeing commercial directed at the Canadian public basically saying how important Boeing is to Canada and how much money in trade there is...billions.

Boeing is certainly important to Canada.

I NEVER heard a Boeing commercial on the radio, Tv, computer aimed directly at the public before....seems very strange to me with all that is going on.
        Might be a Boeing mea culpa. Methinks they might have stepped on their own penis. Alas, they forgot they had track shoes on.

Comment

Working...
        X