Cleaned my VST Tank... wanna see???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaned my VST Tank... wanna see???

So lately my F150 has been starving for fuel in sporty conditions and has sudden drops in RPMs when trying to get out of the hole and also at higher RPMs/WOT.
    So I decided I should change all the fuel filters and get into the VST Tank.

It is pretty ugly in there.

Hopefully the pictures work.

IMG_0108.JPG

IMG_0112.JPG
    Last edited by slads5874974; 10-09-2017, 08:51 AM.

nope, takes you to a login page

Comment

There is a better picture on that other thread.

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
        nope, takes you to a login page
        Sorry about that. Should be visible now. Thanks.

Comment

looks like water was in there for awhile

Comment

Ethanol? Never seen one that bad.....

What year F150? Not bragging but I pulled mine apart after 11 years and it looked new. Just a slight discoloration of the filter mesh.

Comment

How much$$$ for a new VST tank, float, etc.....lots of corrosion there to create more future problems...

Comment

Originally posted by robert graham View Post
                How much$$$ for a new VST tank, float, etc.....lots of corrosion there to create more future problems...
                Quick glance $1245.18.......ouch!

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                  looks like water was in there for awhile
                  Yup, this motor has a lot of history with water damage. And I neglected to inspect the VST Tank when I was rebuilding several parts of the motor (stupid-stupid-stupid).
                  Last edited by slads5874974; 10-09-2017, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by robert graham View Post
                    I am replacing the pump, internal screws and filters. I cleaned the tank and removed all the corrosion and gunk. The float/trigger are cleaned and are still ok to use. I will send pics of the repaired tank once I get the pump.

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
                      Ethanol? Never seen one that bad.....

What year F150? Not bragging but I pulled mine apart after 11 years and it looked new. Just a slight discoloration of the filter mesh.

It's a 2014. Engine history (water damage) played a huge factor with the condition of the tank. And i neglected to inspect the VST when I was doing work on the engine.

Comment

Originally posted by slads5874974 View Post
                        It's a 2014. Engine history (water damage) played a huge factor with the condition of the tank. And i neglected to inspect the VST when I was doing work on the engine.
                        What did the water come from?

Yam don't reply "the sky".......

Wonder the condition of the pressure regulator on top of vst?
                        Last edited by pstephens46; 10-09-2017, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
                          Quick glance $1245.18.......ouch!
                          Maybe find a good used one in better condition at a descent price$$$
                          Once metals start corroding it may be difficult to stop??

Comment

Sacrilege I know, but that HI-PSI pump can be found online for 20 bucks. It's far from a 400 dollar part.

*Ethanol. The best gas farmers know how to make! Archer Daniels Midland sucks and so do the Pols who jam this snake oil down our throats. Or in this case, our fuel tanks.
                            Last edited by oldmako69; 10-09-2017, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by oldmako69 View Post
                              Sacrilege I know, but that HI-PSI pump can be found online for 20 bucks. It's far from a 400 dollar part.

*Ethanol. The best gas farmers know how to make! Archer Daniels Midland sucks and so do the Pols who jam this snake oil down our throats. Or in this case, our fuel tanks.

I HATE ethanol.

Comment

Working...
                              X